Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which gun?

BlackToTheFuture

Feb 4, 2003
Visit site
Hi all I am new to this forum so if i do anything wrong please let me know. Anyway I vam plannin to upgrade my marker from a Spyder Flash to either a stock WGP Autococker or a Classic Automag. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

mikeanywhere

Platinum Member
Originally posted by BlackToTheFuture
Hi all I am new to this forum so if i do anything wrong please let me know. Anyway I vam plannin to upgrade my marker from a Spyder Flash to either a stock WGP Autococker or a Classic Automag. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Like anything when it comes to paintball, it will depend on how much cash you have to spend with all the bits and pieces that are need to go with the new purchase as the initial cost wont be the last.

Good luck anyway:) :)

ChairChimp

It's a chimp and a chair!
Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
About those guns....

Depends what you intend to play really.

If you want to go to lots of woods sites and general group days then you don't need to go spending the earth.

You might want to spend a little more if you even think you might want to play in tourneys in the future (or back in the future).

If you're not sure (join the club) then pick something that isn't too cheap, so ignore the basic spyders etc. Look at markers for around the 200-250 mark so in your range would then be the cheaper end electros (dragun, spyder flash). What you could also do is pick up a 2nd hand marker (my personal choice) they lose very little value, you can get some great deals from shops and the classifieds here on P8 plus you can acquire some lovely markers, see your original idea of cockers shockers and automags.

If you have no kit what-so-ever then I recommend trying to find an all-in-one deal that'll solve most of your problems by suppling you with a marker, air/CO2 system and any needed expansions etc for one buy. Goggles are a bonus but you can have fun trying them in stores anyway :)

Anyway that's my 2p worth.

If you are mega enthused, spend the money, if not, get yourself a nice 2nd hand marker from someone or someplace that you can trust.

CC

TROG_1

Somewhere near you?
Oct 18, 2002
Chester ish
Visit site
If you want a nice cheap starter package, check pout the JT5.0 I've got for sale in the classifieds. Good marker and never had any trouble with them.:)

chunk

Irish P.I.M.P
Mar 31, 2002
Ireland
Visit site
get a cocker if u look around this newbie part
there is alot of threads on new markers
or wat marker
most u will c go for cockers

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
depends on how much cash you got to spend but if oyu are looking at stock cockers sounds like 350 ish

that would buy you a lot of 2nd hand auto mag and still prob 200 spare!
or a very nice 2nd hand (prob right feed) cocker.
or if you can afford to throw in a bit more to buy an air system you would prob pick up an impy for that much.

id definatly go 2nd hand tho - much more for your cash, theres a lot around at the mo, a lot of players are changeing markers at the mo so prices are good

ask a few people if you can try their guns....try as many as you can and decide what you want......dont neccecarily go for the cheapest.

edit: forgot to mention shockers...you can get a LOT for gun for your money there