Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

which gun

P8ntbllr99

Long live the Matrix
May 4, 2002
USA all the way
Visit site
the gun has a little to do with how good you are because if you had a pump gun vs. angel then the angel will most likely win
He didnt mean that he meant that an angel for example will play as will in front as in back, but i disagree i think angels and impulses are much better at front than back and like a shocker a timmy are better at back than front

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
due to physics,if you have the same paint,barrel and pressure the ball will travel the same distance.
cockers and shockers are more stable so they seem easyer to aim

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Originally posted by smartypants
hi there all what kinda marker would be great for a front player/mid player ??
jt accelarator 5.0 ??:confused:
Ah smartypants, I bet you thought you'd get a straight answer to your question :D

People here can (and will) debate which gun is best until le-pigs le-fly :p (sorry, couldn't resist), but the truth is the best marker is the one you're comfortable with. Try out different makes at your local field before you buy one. Here's a couple of suggestion for a front/mid player:

- size: you'll want to be as small as possible up front. Look for something you can stay tight with. For example, some say that Shockers are too big for front players but I've played front with my Shocker without a problem. Make sure you can stay tight with whatever you get. Oh, and don't get a big drop on it, it only makes your gun taller.

- price: cheap guns are usually just that - cheap. Unless it's used, you're probably not going to get alot of bells and whistles for under $300 (unless it's a stock Automag). If it's your first gun, you might want to go with a lower cost gun and save some money for when you figure out exactly what you want.

- Air: Whatever you get, make sure you get a decent compressed air tank for it. It will significantly improve the performance of your gun compared to CO2. As a front/mid, you shouldn't need anything bigger than a 68/4500 (68 cubic inch, 4500 PSI). When you get a new gun, you can always move your tank to the new gun.

- Support: Whatever you get, make sure you can take care of it. If you're buying from a local store, see if they also do repairs. If you don't have a local airsmith, check the web. I think there's a support group for almost any gun out there.

For a first gun (under $500), spyder electros are reliable and easy to maintain (fix), stock autocockers are cheap, perform well and have tons of upgrades (I'd get one with a hinge), impulses are great but a little more money (try to one with the anti-chop eye).

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
aha another piggy joke:D
as for the tank a 68/4500 should be big enough for most non sponserd back players as well;)
as for markers your spot on baby,what ever you feel good with
ps HAPPY NEW YEAR