Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

which hopper & are they worth the extra cash

cwkotw

Aug 30, 2004
Visit site
looking at geting a new hopper and rather like the vlocity, i found these two VL Dynasty VLocity £125, VL XSV VLocity Select Force £120 and were woundering if they are worth the extra cash and what how they compare to the normal vlocity.

lil andy

Millennium with a Geo
looking at geting a new hopper and rather like the vlocity, i found these two VL Dynasty VLocity £125, VL XSV VLocity Select Force £120 and were woundering if they are worth the extra cash and what how they compare to the normal vlocity.

to be honest mate personally i think that the extra money is pointless because basically the only difference is the chip, so if i was you i would buy a vlocity/junior and buy a hyperdrive chip or a chip

crazy-lacey

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2007
lincolnshire
to be honest mate personally i think that the extra money is pointless because basically the only difference is the chip, so if i was you i would buy a vlocity/junior and buy a hyperdrive chip or a chip
wrong their mate they both have diffrent boards and diffrent paddels and diffrent springs

Dynasty velocitys are ace imo

but not used the xsv just i hear the paddel breaks a lot

mackemforever

Bristol Addiction
Nov 30, 2007
Personally I say that they are a fair bit better than the normal vlocities but not worth that much extra money.
Also they are always on hoppers which does annoy some people as they use up a lot of batteries and can be quite noisy. Personally I prefer the reloader B/B2 hoppers (I use a B2) as they are not always on, are easily fast enough, use a lot less batteries and are considerably cheaper, for example I picked up a 2nd hand reloader B2 for £35 on here.

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
We use 3 XSV vlocitys,never had an issue and come with the charger and CODE242 rechageable batteries which are superb.
The batteries alone are a consideration and we fitted the hyperdrive chips as std they are supposed to have battery usage issues.
There's some good deals around JCS sorted us out.
Never had an issue with them,on force 3 power using about 3-4k balls per day 1 or 2 days per month (sifts permitting).:D
Also got 1 std vlocity with the same chip,capacity is approx 20 balls more,he had to buy the best rechargeables he could find 300 mah,code 242's are 500mah.
Worth the extra IMHO,but shop around b4 u buy..

tiffer

May 31, 2005
Visit site
Personally I say that they are a fair bit better than the normal vlocities but not worth that much extra money.
Also they are always on hoppers which does annoy some people as they use up a lot of batteries and can be quite noisy. Personally I prefer the reloader B/B2 hoppers (I use a B2) as they are not always on, are easily fast enough, use a lot less batteries and are considerably cheaper, for example I picked up a 2nd hand reloader B2 for £35 on here.
Do you mean the torque?

tiffer

May 31, 2005
Visit site
The same was said to me by other players,hasn't broken yet.
I did use mine with all the settings on standard,low speed,no force,etc,and after a few outings I began to mess with it now it uses tooooo much paint;).
cwkotw if you are seriously considering buying one get the XSV simply because you get the best batteries possible included....and don't forget the upgraded chip....:D

The main advantages of the XSV / Dynasty loaders is the rechargable batterys and arguably improved drivecones.

The XSV cone only snaps when stupidly high tension is applied to the ball stack. I have an early 'thin plastic' XSV drivecone that has had 75,000 + balls through it without a hitch.

The different viewloader chips supplied with both the XSV / Dynasty loaders are pretty lacking in benefits compared to the tension time, tension force, speed, breakout and anti jam settings you get witrh a chip such as hyperdrive. Not to mention vastly improved battery life.

Personally I use a Vlocity Jnr with hyperdrive chip, XSV drivecone and code 242 rechargables. By far and away the best performing / lightest hopper I have owned.