Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

which is best 05 ego/Etek

i went for a ego 05 because i think the ego is the most reliable marker on the market and so a good condition 05 its cheaper then the etek and it has the qev´s and the lcd etc..

so in my point of view its more stuf for less money and proven quality! also you can easyly upgrade for 06 so..

just go eclipse and youll be safe !;)

Seen you got one mate, good on ya.:)
People say the standard barrels aren't up to much. Rubbish in my eyes as PLANET dont make crap! Everyone has a preference to barrels anyway. Handy to have a few various sizes as well.
I wouldnt bother with upgrades as it doesnt need any. If you want to tart it up with bolt ons then do that but you dont need to upgrade. Its not an ION!!!:D
Let us know how you go with it.
Nige

Porkchop76

Newcstle Lockdown
Nov 17, 2006
North East
My 2p's worth.....
An ETEK is a fantastic marker and anyone who has used one or owned one will tell you. The only reasons it is a cheaper version of the EGO are.
It doesn't have an LCD display.
It has a microswitch instead of break beam eyes. (So do timmies and they are proven markers)
It hasn't got qev's (at 15.4 capped you shouldnt really need them) Pick at that if you want!:p
Cheeper milling
Yeah alright they have different sized insides but they are basically the same.
I have built ETEK's at PLANET and have shot EGO's for the last year and I think it all depends on your budget what you should buy.
As for 05 06 or 07 they are all basically the same marker.
Whatever you choose to buy, you will not be disappointed and the PLANET back up is second to none!
Nige

Hi there
I am thinking about a Etek to i only realy do walk on days but have been asked if i would like to do the odd trainning day, would the Etek be good enough to do this? Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Daz

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
FWIW i like the etek better for its LED simplicity and microswitch trigger.
for the price of £475 new its a bargain.

it has the better detents, better SL style oops, and swivel regulator.
also, the debounce settings on the board are much easier to adjust than the TT filters ( for noobs who havent the nounce to work them i might add, not me)

it seems these days etek go for about £300 second hand, same as an 05 ego. I know what id buy.