The Home Of European Paintball

Which Marker FAQ look here!

Pinky_81

Team Wikings
Mar 19, 2002
Denmark
No way as accurate!!

Originally posted by Philip
Yes ot does, its the barrel that decides the accuracy, so if they have the same paint, velocity and paint, it should be the same.
KeyWords are Barrel-fit (which you are rigth about) and...

...VELOCITY CONSTANCY - This is a key area, where Brass Eagle products need a lot of extra add-ons (regulators or something) to be as dead accurat as other top-level markers... Having tried Standard Shockers and Impulses which goes 294, 293, 295, 294, 292, 295 or something like it (perhaps even better) - Dont tell me a Brass Eagle gets near that...

But might be a good economical solution for new-on-the-scene-rec-ballers-which-dont-need-high-rate-of-fire-and-dont-care-about-reliability...

Pinky :D

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
No way as accurate!!

Originally posted by Pinky_81

...VELOCITY CONSTANCY - This is a key area, where Brass Eagle products need a lot of extra add-ons (regulators or something) to be as dead accurat as other top-level markers... Having tried Standard Shockers and Impulses which goes 294, 293, 295, 294, 292, 295 or something like it (perhaps even better) - Dont tell me a Brass Eagle gets near that...

But might be a good economical solution for new-on-the-scene-rec-ballers-which-dont-need-high-rate-of-fire-and-dont-care-about-reliability...

Pinky :D
Well, if you run the same air system or co2 regulator as on your 'high-end' marker then the velocity will be just ac consistant. I've had a spyder shoot 298,297,299,298 on co2 with a palmer stabiliser reg. Another myth is destroyed

Tom

Pinky_81

Team Wikings
Mar 19, 2002
Denmark
Re: No way as accurate!!

Originally posted by Acidd_UK

Well, if you run the same air system or co2 regulator as on your 'high-end' marker then the velocity will be just ac consistant. I've had a spyder shoot 298,297,299,298 on co2 with a palmer stabiliser reg. Another myth is destroyed

Tom
You most probably will - Dont disagree at all!! You can make almost all markers this accurate...
But if have to buy good airsystems or expensive Stabilizer regs for a cheap marker... Why buy a Brass Eagle product?? :rolleyes: That was kind of what I wanted to say...

Could there be a reason why almost everyone at mayor tournaments have bought some quite expensive markers?? Maybe they are all stupid or misguided - or perhaps some markers just perform (including constant velocity) better?? Braas Eagle not some of them...

Pinky :p

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
It takes more than just air systems & regs to get a very low-end marker like a Brass Eagle consistent. The marker will only work well if it's been made within decent manufacturing tolerances, & the cheap stuff just hasn't been made as well as the pricey stuff or put through the same quality control procedures.

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Originally posted by Acidd_UK

Also not entirely true - the kick of a gun that you feel is the impulse resulting from firing. Since the impulse is effectively the change in momentum, the only change for any gun (assumung it ends up in the same state after the firing cycle) is the ball having left the barrel at 300fps. Hence the resultant force (the kick) is pretty much the same for any marker.

Tom
Not even remotely true I'm afraid as the weight of the moving parts (hammer bolt etc) is what provides the "kick" if these are heavy then the kick is more pronounced and the second ball (300 fps or not) is travelling in a differant direction. Thats the same for any marker, try the Eclipse Impulse with the old stainless setup and the new Titanium-stainless internals marginal differance but much easier to control and ball on ball accuracy is much better. Also try a lightning bolt instead of a standard bolt in a cocker. the differance their is more pronounced.

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
But the overall change of momentum is still zero if you ignore the ball. Hence the net movement of the marker from beginning of cycle to end is zero, assuming the firing cycle is very short (which it is for electros and blowbacks).

Tom

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
It comes down to how heavy and how far the bolt and hammer are and move if its heavy and moves 2 mil then you will notice it but bolts tend to move a minimum of the width of the feed tube and their is the problem cycle length has to include the 2 cm (approx) distance covered and that is what provides the kick ball or no ball that is a moving part and moving bloody fast when the can cycle 20 to 30 times a second (for some of 'em)

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
But since it cycles back then forward very rapidly (on blowbacks and electros) the overall movement translated into the firer is low because of the negating effect of the bolt's movement cycle. Also, while the bolt does travel relatively fast in these cases, it is nothing like the 300fps of a paintball. IE say the bolt travels a total of 5cm per shot. If the marker is firing 13bps then this is only net speed of 0.65m/s, compared with the 13 balls all travelling 300m/s.

Tom

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
the way i see it is that it takes a large combination of things to create and accurate, consistent marker :-

Bore of Barrel - this has to have a bore size that is most suitable to the paint you are using. soo big, and it will be inaccurate (and inconsistent) too small and youll end up with breaks.

Porting on Barrel - unported barrels can be inaccurate because turbulance caused by the gas forcing the ball forward. when it reaches the end, it creates a random turbulent force behind the ball, which can send it in any number of directions. differant porting, will dispell this turbulence indifferant ways.

Gas consistency - if the flow od gas through the gun is not well regulated, every shot will be fired at a differant pressure from the last. thus reducing accuracy.

USER!!! - of which none of you have mentioned. if the person behind the marker cant fire it straigt, the it never will.

Reaction - anyone who has fired a blow back (eg spyder) will tell you the "kick" you get from it is much greater than that of an impy for example. thus throwing grouping out.

Balance - this decides the natural aim of the gun beyond the first shot in a volley. if the gun if front / back heavy, the the shots will naturally be low / high. and this inaccuracy will increase with each subsequent shot.

Paint - if the paint you are firing is old, of badly made, it can have flat spots, or deformations, in which case hitting anything will be a challange.

did i miss anything??

Big_Mac

Preserved for posterity
Aug 27, 2002
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Visit site
to kick or not to kick

forward movement of the bolt will force backward movement of the marker, and vice versa. Laws of Physics are not going to change regardless of how much you pay for your marker! The lighter the moving mass (bolt, etc) and the heavier the static mass (marker, air system etc) the less movement will be observed. Most high end markers have low moving masses. Coupled with low pressure operation (slower acceleration over a longer period) simply equates into a smaller 'kick'. You can't argue the physics of it. Acceleration, inertia and mass are in the favor of lighter, low pressure operation. I think if you were to actually view the movement of a marker you would find there are two distinct movements, one backward (or muzzle up) and one forward (or muzzle down) as the action cylcles and returns to it's original position. I've shot them both and I'm sorry, but my low pressure marker returns to it's original position quicker and easier than my high pressure markers... enabling me to have better accuracy and put paint on paint consistently.

stepping down now....