Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which marker would you recommend?

Chaos_390

I Like Sporks
Jun 10, 2007
Lincolnshire
Hi Everyone!

I am relatively new to paintballing and I am currently in the process of getting my own gear. I am now only missing the marker, hopper and air cylinder.

I am looking at getting a Plant eclipse marker (ego) but I am interested in peoples' views when comparing an ego 11 and an etek 4?

Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

Chaos_390

I Like Sporks
Jun 10, 2007
Lincolnshire
Thanks for replying. Do you know what significant improvements there are between a stock ego 11 and one fitted with a dart kit?

There is also the LV1 but I am not sure whether it would be suitable for a relatively new player and maybe get one in a years time.

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
With the DART its smoother, better on air and sound signature is quiter.
LV1 is a whole different marker,it moved on another step.
Personaly I would save up for a second hand LV1,the arse seems to have dropped out of the market at the moment.
I've had a couple of 11's they are great, if you don't have the cash get one, buy a decent bottle and loader, 11 will keep up with anything .
A relatively new player can use any marker, 11 and LV1 have same maintinance routines.
Nice LV1's go for £600-650 11's £300-400.
Ether marker will be fine just depends how much you wish to spend & if you can find a second hand one in the colour you fancy.
See if you can get extra barrel backs on any deals you make.
Info here http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3466562
Have fun.

Chaos_390

I Like Sporks
Jun 10, 2007
Lincolnshire
The Dart Kit seems like a very nice addition if a second hand 11 pops up.

Yes I have been in 2 minds whether to pay the extra cost and go for an LV1 as it has stepped up a level compared to the 11. But considering that I have have also had to buy everything else I am leaning towards an 11 and getting an LV1 in 6-12 months time.

Can't wait to get out there and play, maybe one day play for a team.

Thankyou for your help, very much appreciated!

Reactions: Magic Rat

movingcanvass

couldn't stay away!
Jan 8, 2009
nottingham
At the same time don't get caught up in hype, at the end of 2010 the ego 11 was the flagship marker for planet, and will more than hold its it's own in tournament after tournament for years to come. My friends still shooting an ego8 and still taking names of people with 1400 pound markers. Paintball is funny, it's not so much the gun as the player pointing it :)