Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which marker??

Hakkinen

Feb 15, 2002
Surrey, England
Visit site
Hi, I am relatively new to paintball but am already hooked on it :D. I really want my own gun and have up to £400 to spend.

I like the look of the Piranha Pro TS and EXT but am not that sure if they would suit me and how good they really are?

I would be grateful if anyone could give me some help. Also, I live in the UK and would like to know of any good paintball stores in the UK or any websites that can deliver to the UK without excessive delivery costs. Cheers.

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
Why does this question always come up? They should invent a forum just for this question.

Right mate. First of all shop around. Shoot as many guns as possible. See if you can get a tricked up second hand gun with everything. I was lucky, i got a BMK with everything for £400 so ask everyone you can.

Good starter guns:
1) Tippmann
2) Spyder
3) MAg (well..... sort of)
4) Pirahna

Those are the one's i can think of. Trust me. Many ppl will say one gun is the best but try em all to see which one you like best of all.

Kegcanman

Jan 11, 2002
st. cloud mn
Visit site
well, as you may be able to tell by my post count...
im a bit of a newb here...and to the sport. i just bought my first gun, a spyder TL. i got it at thepaintballstore.com $195 w/level 4 package(around my house, they are selling the gun for 200) i also must tell you that spyder has raised their prices(or so it sems)but hey, enough about that. i would say get the TL. its a good gun, and easy to break down to clean and oil. it was a snap the first time i did it(first time for breaking a gun down too) the only problem i see in it is that it is hard to sight on your target.(feed is in the way) so i will have to get a sight for it.(im practicing shooting on my off hand...and there is not good sightline down the right side of the barrel). good gun either way. get a new barrel for it too. nyte stikks should be here about 9pm......good luck and happy hunting.

Inferno

Paintball Addict
The Piranhas are great markers, and you might have just sparked the biggest arguement on this forum;) See Piranhas are very similar to Spyders and Infernos, all of which are great starting markers. Since you already brought up the Piranha, I'd say you can't go wrong with it, since I don't want to confuse you with a bunch of extra choices.

If you get the Piranha you like(try everything you can get your hands on), a mask, a barrel plug, a squegee, and a cheap air tank(they start around $80, I guess around 100 pound?) you should still be very close to your budget. Just remember, play safe, and have fun;)

dale301.fsnet.co.uk

Jan 9, 2002
Wollaston Northants
Visit site
Yeh, what permboy said but try to shop a bit because there is some mega deals going on .

dont go for the ****** up ones thogh because thay have pobly got crap internals in as well . as soon as u get it send it off to planet and get it serviced.

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
Permboy that question always comes up because it is relevent as to what type of gun someone should buy!

By the way, do you have a perm, or do you just think they look good on boys?