Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

which marker ???

sniperlee

my balls your chin
Feb 25, 2008
hi all just a quick one, started paintball with a few mates in his woodland wanting to know what sort of marker to go for not sure of budget yet but not wanting to take a loan out :) any ideas i would be greatfull regards lee

chris w

CPPS Ref.
Nov 13, 2007
Penkridge
www.facebook.com
1; make sure woodland is 100% legal

about the gun, a nice first gun like an ion, PMR, SLG etc, they'd do pretty nicely- iv got a pmr and apart from my own clumsiness i havnt had a single problem with it yet, nor has my friend and his ion

they can be bought on here for a very good price as you probably know

chris

i agree with LtPurcy if its just woodland you're going to be playing, my bad (A) :)

LtPurcy

Young gun without the gun
Mar 15, 2008
Mudeford Dorset
well if your sticking to woodland only you dont want a ion, mr slg etc they are for speedball

you want tippmans spyder mr1's etc there woodland guns

Reactions: DAN13L

CaveMan

Best EU..
Jan 30, 2008
Haverhill, Suffolk
Totally agree ^^ if you want to stick with woodsball then get a Tippmann, they are brilliant woodsball markers. Maybe the A5 or a 98 with a flatline. :D

Hope it helps.

Ah, can't forget the X7!

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham
well if your sticking to woodland only you dont want a ion, mr slg etc they are for speedball

you want tippmans spyder mr1's etc there woodland guns
Errr:confused:.....since when where ions only for speedball:confused:
PLENTY of ballers use ions in the woods, alongside egos, dm's, pm's etc etc
At the end of the day its about budget and personal preference. Ultimately they all do the same thing.....shoot paint:cool:

Totally agree ^^ if you want to stick with woodsball then get a Tippmann, they are brilliant woodsball markers. Maybe the A5 or a 98 with a flatline. :D

Hope it helps.
Tippmanns are indeed solid reliable woodsball gats, the A5 or X7 in particular, but then theres the SP8 and a whole host of others that more than hold there own in the woods or anywhere that its legal to shoot paint;)

One question that needs to be asked before any real advice can be offered would be How much money do you plan on spending bearing in mind you will need air, loader, marker and mask (pack & pods also help:))?

You can get kitted out from £200-£2000 right here on p8ntballer if you know what your looking for;)

-ChEf

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
What he said ^^^^. If you want to look like a soldier and wear facepaints etc. then you might find the milsim looks of the gats mentioned already appealing, but if you decided one day that you want to play speedball you might find yourself constrained by a woodsball marker. 150-200 quid gets you a great starter setup 2nd hand (browse the classifieds here), and unless you want to take out a loan that's probably your best bet.

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
something that no one has mentioned is the propellant source. are you going to be using co2 or air? mechanical markers such as tippmanns will run on either but if your looking to get an electronic marker such as an ion/pmr/vibe/sp8 etc etc then you'd definately wanna put that bad boy on air. co2 will screw the internals up in no time at all. im sure some of the forum users with more experience could give you a better idea at the ins and outs of it all BUT definately co2 bad, air good in electronic markers.

phoenix pete

paintballing karteka
Jan 12, 2008
my advice is to go to a local place if there is one and shoot sum paint out of other peoples markers, helps you get a feel for what you want aswell, no good buying a big tippman A5 to find you realy prefer an ion.

also do some reaserch, iv been looking for a marker now since febuary and iv only just found what i want (mostly cos i wanted it dirt cheep)

either way, good luck with it

DAN13L

Mar 4, 2008
Cambridge
i would personally would go for the pmr for the frst marker. i got mine and i love it to bits!!!!! it is a really good gun and should last you a lomg time!!!

mophead

dont really care
Apr 15, 2007
Newcastle
LtPurcy chris w, what a load of rubbish not all woods ballers use tippmans a few do i grant you, but go to a walk on at ypc and you will see loads of different types of markers . i play in the woods and i do not shoot a tippman

sniperlee an ion would be perfect if you are looking to start, air and co2 can both be used with an ion but preferably use air. you can pick up steel air systems on the forum for around about £40 - £50 and ions for about £80- £120.

but best thing to do is to go to your local field try a few guns and see which ones you like the feel of.