Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

which marker ???

MJ

IM AGG...my mom says
Oct 24, 2007
Tamworth
well said devrij you said what i was thinking :p like devrij says LTpurcy being "booksmart" isnt always the best way...you do seem to know your stuff but it is invalid if you havent actually played with your own gat or even own a gat...how do you know ions arent for woodsball? give it time, become a platinum, play some games, dont rush :D you have the rest of your life to give advice :D

sniperlee

my balls your chin
Feb 25, 2008
holy chit what have i started ? hahaha all good advice guys cheers gonna have a mooch about see what i can do again thanks

LtPurcy

Young gun without the gun
Mar 15, 2008
Mudeford Dorset
" become a platinum, play some games, dont rush you have the rest of your life to give advice "

i was about to get really angry with that statement but im going to let it pass for my accounts sake

but i will say i do have experiance in paintball i just dont own my own equipment

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
The ion was developed to bring cheaper paintballing to the masses and the masses play woodsball.
You should als check how many woodsballers use SP8s, which is just an Ion in a body shell.

MJ

IM AGG...my mom says
Oct 24, 2007
Tamworth
ok LtPurcy its a bit of advice take it which ever way you want and yes you might have a lot of experience playing paintball but giving advice on what gun to buy and which one to use or not to use in woodland is laughable. Get angry mate fact is i was trying to give you some advice. the become a platinum is because you have a lot to say which is not a bad thing because some of it is good, play some games means get your own sh!t and play and dont rush because the forum is going to be here when you have a headfull of knowledge now we are cluttering this thread if you disagree what i have said pm me ok mate. :D sorry if i seem harsh but its advice

Stokecity_m

Aug 31, 2005
Stoke-on-Trent
www.gb-paintball.co.uk
playing at unreal this weekend (mainly a woodball site) - bet you there are a fair few ions there, along with many other markers.

in fact i'll ask everyone what they are shooting and post back.

all you need worry about when buying a marker is
- will it do the job you need?
- do you like it?

Jon C

Do you play with balls?
Feb 1, 2005
Whore house
www.ontargetpaintball.co.uk
" become a platinum, play some games, dont rush you have the rest of your life to give advice "

i was about to get really angry with that statement but im going to let it pass for my accounts sake

but i will say i do have experiance in paintball i just dont own my own equipment
Just curious how you could have experience in paintball as far the majority of the stuff you have posted is (how to put this in a nice way) CRAP!!.

Lee listen to some of the older forum members such as darke etc. They will be able to give you much better information on gats and equipment.

But my 2p's worth:

There are many good starter gats ranging from the £80 mark (smart parts vibe) to the ion slg, pmr, invert mini, etek etek 2 etc. second hand pm6 & 7's, ego 05, 06.

The best way is to get down to a local site or tournament and shoot as many gats as you can, see what feels nice what seems to shoot etc.

The type of marker wether it be a supposed sup air gat or scenario gat doesnt matter. You can use both where ever you decide to play. I wouldnt reccomend that you use an A5 or similar gat on sup air but you defianlty can.

Obviously it has been said that you can get 2 types of gun propellant in this country. Co2 and Compressed air. There are pro's and con's to both types of air.

Co2 = Cheaper, (£25.oo ish for a 20 0z bottle) only runs at around 800-1000psi in the bottle (normally blow a burst disk when it gets much higher than this), a lot more sites offer co2 than compressed air. Downsides, its more of a pain to use, it spikes the velocity of your marker even when used with an anti syphon tube. Co2 is very cold and can freeze and damage your marker esoecially on an electronic marker. Not easily sourced yourself unless you have an account with a gas supplier such as boc, air products, energygas

Air= can be bought from £40 for a 3000psi steel bottle (www.bzpaintball.co.uk) so is relatively cheap for the benifits comared to co2. Not quite so easily sourced from sites as not all sites carry air. Though it does give you the option of supplying yourself using a dive bottle and fill rig.
Its easier on the markers, doesnt freeze the orings and you dont get the velocity spikes like you do with co2. It is more dangerous when treasted incorrectly but if you pay attention to what your doing look at some of the stickies available and ask around you will be given good advice on what to do with air.

Hoppers. Lots on the market to choose from and with the new bps caps which are coming into place all are as good as each other really. It goes on looks now in my opinion. Obviously batteries and capacity come into it.

Im going square eyed now so cant be arsed to write any more.

Best advice which most of the longer term more experienced players will tell you shoot lots of gats and dont listen to people who are web pro's. know everything shot nothing.

Jon

LtPurcy

Young gun without the gun
Mar 15, 2008
Mudeford Dorset
Just curious how you could have experience in paintball as far the majority of the stuff you have posted is (how to put this in a nice way) CRAP!!.
send a pm me to justify that with 5 quotes with me giving advise

look it all depends on what your doing your price range etc etc but seeing its just in a woodland

ions vibes etc etc

ps.
jesus christ you guys get so touchy about all this being glory huggers i was giving my 2cents worth and all i get is s**** back with oh no this oh no that you know bull**** that

jknight15

I piss nitroglycerin
Feb 3, 2007
Cardboard box alongside M53
Used to play at Unreal (christ aint been in ages) and saw everything from Ion's to Ego's to DM's so its not a Tippmann only gamezone.

Tippmanns are only mainly associated with the woodsball scene because of thier mil-sim appearance (being able to add stocks, mags, sights etc..) and thier reputation of being 'tough sturdy' markers, though the only advantage I can see with them is scratches would be less noticeable :p

Get yourself an Ion as they are cheap as chips and will get the job done. If you have a few extra quid then grab a Proto SLG so then you will have Dye/Proto's customer support backing you up :)

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
well if your sticking to woodland only you dont want a ion, mr slg etc they are for speedball

you want tippmans spyder mr1's etc there woodland guns
send a pm me to justify that with 5 quotes with me giving advise

look it all depends on what your doing your price range etc etc but seeing its just in a woodland

ions vibes etc etc

ps.
jesus christ you guys get so touchy about all this being glory huggers i was giving my 2cents worth and all i get is s**** back with oh no this oh no that you know bull**** that
Consistency would be nice :D