Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

which marker ???

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
there you go see he is learning. just from what people have put before him.

But seriously, dont give advice without having owned a marker you are on about. That way at least your view is then valid as it is your experience of the marker.

Never shot or owned an ion however if you have the budget for a PMR i would look into that.
EDIT: having said that, it depends on whether your going to be doing walkons or punter days.

If its the latter then your generally going to have to get a mech - always best to check with the site though. If its a walkon then an electro is possibly the best way forward. Shocker SFT's go cheap nowadays and are great markers.

Others to look at include the ion, vibe, SLG, Etek (mk 1 or 2).

Rellizate

Feb 6, 2008
i would personally would go for the pmr for the frst marker. i got mine and i love it to bits!!!!! it is a really good gun and should last you a lomg time!!!
Dan... You're an idiot. :p:p:p

How do you know you love it to bits, when when I last tracked it it was still at birmingham depo? :rolleyes:

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
ion/pmr/slg if on a small budget. cant go wrong. would recommend an ion from the forums though so the required ups are already there :) again make sure what propellant you will be using. dont wanna put co2 through an ion etc. even if the manual says you can.

sniperlee

my balls your chin
Feb 25, 2008
i will be using C02 as i already got 3 20oz bottles im shooting a spyder xtra at the moment mech trigger, but the lads i play with all have electronic markers still holding my own like, just the rate of fire i struggle with. never had any kind of problem with the spyder, but looking to have a spare marker to get other lads into it. be nice to fire a sh!t load of balls back at em :p thanks

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
if your using co2 then a mech marker such as a tippmann 98 would be a good choice. could even go as simple as a piranha field marker, then there is always the BT line of markers (much like tippmann in design but come in many forms).

mophead

dont really care
Apr 15, 2007
Newcastle
i think if you want to have the same ROF as your mates you are going to have to switch to air instead of co2. as most electro guns operate on air

rampantpanda

No Limit Bridgend
Mar 10, 2007
Cardiff
Like everyine has said, go down the air route. On the gun front try a 2nd hand ego 05 are very reasonable pricew wise and reliable to boot, or if you have a bit more maybe a 06 or 07.

On the Tipmans being more reliable, my friend has had no end of trouble with his a5, the cyclone bit keeps breaking and has had VERY light use..

At the end of the day use what ever you like the feel of in your hands, don't worry what others think, as long as your happy with you set up and kicking ass on the field who cares etc :)

scoobytgi

WebMonkey
Dec 30, 2005
Clacon-on-Sea
www.inspiredwebspaces.co.uk
If you're set on using c02, then i'd recommend a Vibe or SP1, both are under 100 new, and are electro but use the Maxflo R regulator, which means they can handle CO2 as they include a relief valve. They'll do 11bps and be nice and happy if you decide to upgrade to air (sell two of your CO2 bottles and buy an air one, then you got options!) They run at low pressure too so are a lot smother and quieter than a mechanical blowback. A few sites have started using them as rental markers in the US and have been very happy with them. They are also comparatively very light as they have aluminium working parts but the shell is a sort of glass fiber used in real firearms (so don't worry about breaking it!).