Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which mask is better out of the following

fraaaaanka

Jan 27, 2014
I appreciate all your responses guys..... I ended up going for Proto FS Thermal Goggle (Black) at £46 delivered.

Thanks
Andy

Jun 3, 2012
the dye i4's are the best with thermal lens as standard. i am a big bloke and they dont steam up for me. by the best first time saves havin to sell the old one and buying better later on

cambojnr

People on here are tighter than a nuns nunny.
Jun 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I4s are terrible masks, the site owner where I play will often not let you use them unless you open your mouth as wide as possible and you can't see any part of your mouth.

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Jesus christ guys, enough with the i4 circlejerk, he's said he doesn't want to pay anywhere near that much
None of us did when we first started, but what % of us quickly bought top end Goggles? it's the most important piece of Equipment. even worth going for Eflex / Empire ones, can be had for £60 odd, nice and chunky too.

Don't bother with the HK ones, been delayed by 2 months again and no doubt will continue and never arrive on our shores.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
None of us did when we first started, but what % of us quickly bought top end Goggles? it's the most important piece of Equipment. even worth going for Eflex / Empire ones, can be had for £60 odd, nice and chunky too.

Don't bother with the HK ones, been delayed by 2 months again and no doubt will continue and never arrive on our shores.
£60 is still double the guy's original budget. He's already been told that if he wants a good goggle system he should spend more but he's made it very clear that he doesn't want to spend that much. He just wants something a bit better than the rental goggles and a nice shiny pair of Protos will do a great job of serving.

Reactions: M4rkm93

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Just buy an I4 from lips, about £70 but it's the best.

Standard proto ones you'll need to buy a thermal lense anyway which is like £20 and then they are still crap, they don't sit on the nose of most peoples faces correctly and ever so slightly restrict breathing. I4's FTW!
More like £100

The i4s are premium goggles but not necessarily the best. They don't have a peak, which the average i4 user would not use anyway. But if you play in the rain you get water on the outside of the lens affecting vision, and inside causing the 'unfoggable' to fog. Note the paintball retailers who stocked up on replacement i3 peaks to sell to i4 users who realised that sometimes you do need a peak.
A bit of a failure for the 'best' goggles

However all premium goggles are good, what is best is dependant on the individual

That is not to say cheap goggles are bad.

Priorities put comfort and vision as the top two.
Premium goggles have soft rubber and padded ears, but if a hard plastic goggle fits your head then it is probably fairly comfortable.

Vision is dependant on the lens, even cheap goggles have anti fog which works (but again it is dependant on the individual and the conditions, some people don't have fogging problems, some fog just after putting their goggles on)
If you have a premium set of goggles and spray on something to clean away paint, or to deal with fogging on a bad day then this will affect the anti fog properties of the lens.
If you wear rental goggles then the chances are they will fog quickly - hundreds of people have smeared paint all over the lens and washed the lens with whatever spray the site have, anti fog wipes and their spit.
Buy the same budget goggles, only rinse the lens and the anti fogging will survive.
If you're susceptible to fogging then use cat crap/zero fog, if it's just a bad day then you have the dilemma of using extra anti fog, or putting up with it to preserve the lens.

@fraaaaanka you have the additional option of not buying your own goggles get and getting cat crap / zero fog so that you could look at the site goggles and pick the 'best' ones for foam/condition.

Getting platinum membership will shortcut you to being able to buy more premium goggles on here second hand, or you could use other forums, Facebook trading or eBay. But second hand can be hit and miss on condition even though you will expect an individuals second hand goggles to be a better bet then site rental ones.
You can still get a reasonable set of goggles new in the area of your budget, but can buy more wisely if you try some on

Reactions: H