Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Which mask to upgrade to???

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by PaintTrooper, Sep 19, 2016.

1. PaintTrooper New Member

PaintTrooper
    Message Count:
    So I've got a Empire Helix mask which has been great as a starter mask but I'm looking to upgrade soon and have got my eye set on two different mask, the Dye I4s or HK Army KLR. What would you guys recommend and has anyone tried both? Pros and cons? Thanks in advance

2. Schmickle Active Member

Schmickle
    Message Count:
    Personally I didn't like the KLR's, bought them when they first came out because i liked the looks but they weren't the best. I currently have grillz which i adore, but i have tried on i4's and the foam is much better than that of the KLR's. However the i4's are a small mask, but have a larger field of vision. All depends on on personal preference and how large your head is (no offence intended ahah). Best thing to do is ask people at your local field/shop to try them on, hope this helps! :)

3. Sid Sidgwick North East Killers-Lethal Bizzle

Sid Sidgwick
    Message Count:
    Tried pretty much everything, in fact I have some nice KLRs for sale.

My recommendation would be if you can go to your local shop and try and few pairs on as you want theM to feel nice as they are an essential bitt of kit

4. PaintTrooper New Member

PaintTrooper
    Message Count:
    Thanks for the replies, wish I had a store to try them out but they are quite a distance away. I like the look of the both I4s and HK KLR's but the KLRs look like they have better coverage in comparison to the I4s which look pretty small but I hear very good reviews about the I4s field of vision. Is it possible to get the best of both worlds?

5. Sid Sidgwick North East Killers-Lethal Bizzle

Sid Sidgwick
    Message Count:
    Yep virtue Vios (failing that go KLRs)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  6. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Trying them on is the only way

Most people don't have a shop nearby, look to see what's around when you are traveling around, ask people at walkons, look for events with traders attending

7. Schmickle Active Member

Schmickle
    Message Count:
    Maybe wait for the new dye i5's? They apparently have larger coverage while still having the vision, also cool strap thing

8. thomasbear Member

thomasbear
    Message Count:
    Virtue vios give you pretty much the best of both also have an extended version for those that have a long face or big chin. I personally use vios for that reason

9. Nosvartu Attitude Pr*blem

Nosvartu
    Message Count:
    I currently have two pairs of KLR's and love them, i have used Vents, i4's, grillz etc.. etc.. etc..

I wore i4's for a very long time and went to KLR's on a sponsorship deal. i wont go back! "unless made to"

As the other guys have said, next event, walk-on or training you go to. Ask around, most people wont mind you trying things on + might have a spare pare for you to try play in.

Mike.

10. DNewman New Member

DNewman
    Message Count:
    I'd defintiely recomment the grilz, and then put in an thermo lense. I find them so lightweight and the fact they never fog I love to bits!

Schmickle likes this.