Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which mask to upgrade to???

PaintTrooper

Jun 26, 2016
So I've got a Empire Helix mask which has been great as a starter mask but I'm looking to upgrade soon and have got my eye set on two different mask, the Dye I4s or HK Army KLR. What would you guys recommend and has anyone tried both? Pros and cons? Thanks in advance

Schmickle

Sep 11, 2016
Chester
Personally I didn't like the KLR's, bought them when they first came out because i liked the looks but they weren't the best. I currently have grillz which i adore, but i have tried on i4's and the foam is much better than that of the KLR's. However the i4's are a small mask, but have a larger field of vision. All depends on on personal preference and how large your head is (no offence intended ahah). Best thing to do is ask people at your local field/shop to try them on, hope this helps! :)

PaintTrooper

Jun 26, 2016
Thanks for the replies, wish I had a store to try them out but they are quite a distance away. I like the look of the both I4s and HK KLR's but the KLRs look like they have better coverage in comparison to the I4s which look pretty small but I hear very good reviews about the I4s field of vision. Is it possible to get the best of both worlds?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Trying them on is the only way

Most people don't have a shop nearby, look to see what's around when you are traveling around, ask people at walkons, look for events with traders attending

Schmickle

Sep 11, 2016
Chester
Maybe wait for the new dye i5's? They apparently have larger coverage while still having the vision, also cool strap thing

thomasbear

Aug 12, 2014
Milton keynes
Virtue vios give you pretty much the best of both also have an extended version for those that have a long face or big chin. I personally use vios for that reason

Nosvartu

Attitude Pr*blem
Nov 28, 2008
Harrogate
I currently have two pairs of KLR's and love them, i have used Vents, i4's, grillz etc.. etc.. etc..

I wore i4's for a very long time and went to KLR's on a sponsorship deal. i wont go back! "unless made to"

As the other guys have said, next event, walk-on or training you go to. Ask around, most people wont mind you trying things on + might have a spare pare for you to try play in.

Mike.

DNewman

Sep 22, 2016
I'd defintiely recomment the grilz, and then put in an thermo lense. I find them so lightweight and the fact they never fog I love to bits!

Reactions: Schmickle