Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which mask?

Bringit

Jul 24, 2011
London
Hello everyone, I am trying to figure out what mask to get.

VForce profiler (Supposed to be very comfortable, good visability and forehead protection)
Dye i3 Pro- Not to sure, heard good things about theese though.

These are two that I'm interested in. Give any other suggestions but nothing expensive.
(JT Proflex are defiently out of the question I like my ears :)

Bringit

Jul 24, 2011
London
I was thinking of those aswell, Just paintball have them going on ebay. Does it cover all of your face?
Quick question : Do you wear anything on your head (Bandana, Cap etc)?

Redd

Jul 21, 2011
Bristol(UK)
I was thinking of those aswell, Just paintball have them going on ebay. Does it cover all of your face?
Quick question : Do you wear anything on your head (Bandana, Cap etc)?
it depends be cause you are given 2 visors i don't use any so it only goes up to my eyebrows which i use a bandanna to protect my forehead. the only reason i don't use them is it leaves the vents at the top open and less likely to fog up the lens although it is a thermal lens in the summer playing long games it can happen. hope that's of any use :D

Reactions: Bringit

Fizzgig78

The Cartel
May 17, 2011
London
www.facebook.com
I have Proflex and risk the bottoms of my lobes :p also wear a sandana to offer a little forehead protection, they never fog and the foam is great 7hrs of play at the weekend, couple hits to the mask no problem the one to the side of the neck stung a bit. Visabililty is great.
Profilers I have, was my first mask did'nt fog on me, single pane great visabilty also and very comfortable, I carry them with the mirrored lens cause although I prefer my Proflex changing the lens in a rush is not as easy as the Profiler.
I got a mask that was a reasonable and tried some others on I like Profilers personal choice is a must. I found Youtube a good resource on lens type it answers single vs dual pane and reviews a few which is helpful.
Before you buy a new mask see what the guys and gals are selling I bought brand new profilers could have saved a fortune got them second hand (which I did got a second pair - pristine) on the forum sale section. :)

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
having only been playing 6 months or so, i know where your coming from, but i can only tell you what i got told and found to be so true, its to personal for anyone to tell you.

al the masks will pretty much do a great job, i bought I3's, I4's, events, vforce grillz, i had planned to try them and then sell what i didn't want, i still have them all :rolleyes:

anyway for me personally i found the I4's by far the most comfortable and that's what i use all the time, my team told me about the events as that's mostly what they wear or grillz, for me the events just didn't feel right, they were soft enough and vision was good, just felt to big and cumbersome to me.

So second choice and my back-up are the grillz.

So you really need to try them in game and see what you think, go second hand on here, a new lens maybe and hey presto, perfect goggles.

i just wear a beany type hat to protect ears (which on my are close to dumbo's size :) )

good luck mate

Bringit

Jul 24, 2011
London
i4's are a bit much to be honest plus I'm a tall guy. I really like the looks and the reviews of VForce masks. I found a i3 Pro while browsing for £35 and the Vents Avatar for £25. I'll see if I can find a price fo the Proflex or find any of the masks mention on the For Sale section on the forum.
Thanks everyone.

spc632

Sep 1, 2008
Hello everyone, I am trying to figure out what mask to get.

VForce profiler (Supposed to be very comfortable, good visability and forehead protection)
Dye i3 Pro- Not to sure, heard good things about theese though.

These are two that I'm interested in. Give any other suggestions but nothing expensive.
(JT Proflex are defiently out of the question I like my ears :)
you say jt out but then again i have found them as a really great mask i have not used any other mask and my ears are fin :D

but take a look at this
http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/masks-goggles/vents-avatar.html
as you can pick up a good mask ie Proto Switch FS Mask for around £25 or a Vents Avatar
happy shopping

aj47

May 7, 2011
West Sussex
If money is a factor then I recommend Proto Axis. They come from the same factory/maker as Dye and are good value.
You'll be looking at £55-£65 for a pair brand new.
They are low profile and do not come with a cap/visor.