Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

which mask?

Manning26

That was very slick Mr. Adkin.;)

Anyhow, Liz is completely right about different shaped heads and such. My team was trying to decide this year between Proteus and Dye. Well, the Invision crushed my ears when I put it on, and I could easily see the edges of the lenses in my peripheral vision, which really bugged the heck outta' me. They are cool looking, but terribly uncomfortable for moi. My brother slips 'em on and loves 'em. There, there's my story, you're welcome. By the way, we've all got the Proteus now.;)

The moral isn't that you should also wear a Proteus, it's just to try your choices on, and see what you really like. And yes, I've totally copied Liz's post, I'm an unoriginal oaf.:rolleyes:

Manning26

Gurney, Flex 7's are great goggles, but Mordhir may not like the way they allow entire paintballs through. I've wore 'em since they came out, and have driven home from many tourneys with a split lip. Mind you, it has to be a dead on mouth shot for the mask to let this happen, but if you get a pair of regular JT Spectras, then you'll never have to worry about one getting in on ya'. This is only my experience, but I've had more bloody lips than bounces off my 'Sevens.

Masks

If you don't like the flex-7 coz of the paintballs in the mouth then the proteus is supposed to be even worse: it chanels the paint into your mouth (the revese of what it does to your voice...).

I own a very cheap nVader (which I have upgraded with a thermal lense...so its now an nForcer I think) . This is pretty nice, though doesn't give that good periferal (sp?) vision, but at £25 who's arguing? It is real tight about the face (I think only the Proteus is tighter). Though its not pretty ("Uugh! Uurgh! That mask Uurgh!" quote Hatts) a number of poeple think it looks cool. But I am a wimp and so I like the fact that no paintballs hit me in the mouth!

Oh and the proteus doesn't cover your entire face, a good chunk of your chin is unprotected... that's gonna sting!

Richard

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
To wear an nVader you need a small head like richard. I prefer the occasional pain of a slit lip to the constant pain of the mask digging into my head. The proteus is comfortable where as my head won't fit into an ugly nVader. The viser is great at deflecting paint too. Blood is always good anyways. I will just quote our lacrosse team motto: If theres no blood it aint a foul.

SYTRAXZ

Sytraxz Graphics inc.
Feb 18, 2002
New York
contacts?

Originally posted by MidgetFista
I wear glasses, and find the only gog's i can get comfy in are my sevens...

Yeah, u get hit in the lip alot, but hey, a bit of blood looks cool :)

Midge
wouldnt it just be easyer if u wore contacts so that u could wear more masks???