Which one

Manic Monk

UWE Paintball Soc
Feb 20, 2006
Bristol/Wiltshire
www.myspace.com

ladyboy

Pball & Poontang.Nuf Said
with the ion you will get more bang for your buck. But as far as maintenence just read the instruction book thoroughly!! i know it sounds obvious but people never really learn the ins and outs of their marker. i did it myself with a autococker which was my first marker. Once you've read enough literature on the subject and you've put it into practice on your marker you will be stripping and sevicing your gat in no time. Just dont be intimidated by the mechanics of paintball guns they are easy if you read up.

soopaman luva

nolimit soulja
shouldnt think so dude if your going to play tourney ball then get the ion ,if not then get the ion any way :) i see that ur based in bristol ? there are a few teams round that way some of them may have ions ask if you can try it ?

have a look here for teams if not speak to steve the owner

SHOWTIME PAINTBALL
OLD LUCAS FACTORY
MORAVIAN ROAD
KINGSWOOD
BRISTOL
BS15 8LY
Tel: 0117 940 5225
Mobile: 07796 291 901

or try skirmish bristol they also hold team training days

as for maintaining, one of my team m8s has one and if he can maintain it with no brain then im sure you will have no problem :)

good luck dude :)

FatTart

Merr
Dec 18, 2005
Visit site
Ion is v easy to maintain dude and if you buy it in a paintball shop near you, you can ask them to show you how to maintain it, atleast that's what Jim does over in the warped shop and yes it does help reading the maintenance guide :p Also if i remember right someone made their own guide on how to strip an ion and clean it etc a few days ago. I would look but I'm lazy. All the best though :)
FatTart

Dominus-UK

I'm a noob at IRL..
Nov 24, 2003
West Sussex
Visit site
Please explain, are you only after the marker itself for £200-300, or are you looking for a full setup marker (marker, hopper, bottle), or perhaps even all your paintball kit? (mask, pack, pods etc)

With Regards to the ION:
(Due to the gun having sensitive internals, it's not the wisest idea to run it on CO2, so it may be out of the question for you..)
The ION's mechanisms are very simple when you understand them, but you must read the manual, as they have some weaknesses.

You must make sure the (on gun) regulator is not putting in more than 200psi else there's a large risk of internal damage. Also they're tricky at first to disassemble and the board/solonoid unit is rather fragile when not in the gun.

The manual for the ION isn't too descriptive, but it will help you stay away from causing damage - Though the support for it you'll find on the net is pretty good.

Manic Monk

UWE Paintball Soc
Feb 20, 2006
Bristol/Wiltshire
www.myspace.com
yeah im looking for the marker and a half decent hopper as ive already got the basics (mask, pack, co2 bottle) as i said in the original post being a poor student i cant afford to pay out for a marker and then £100 on top just to make it work. i was also looking at the spyders as they are quite robust as i would be using it for both wood and speed ball.