The Home Of European Paintball

which 'opper?

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by jahlad
looks like im saving for a halo then....dont wanna risk blowing up a revvi
...no one seems to have any bad comments aboue evos but then not many people use them, is this due to the bad reviews the first batch got?
Mate I ran my blade cocker with a 12V gem revvy for ages with no problems. I honestly think a Halo is way overkill for what you want.

Get a cheap X-Board revvy with a vortex impellor and save yourself £50 over a Halo.

However if you ARE planning to go eBlade at some point, you could look at the extra £50 as being a saving for the future. You'll definately need a halo with the eBlade..even if you put a Warp Feed on it ;)

Halo's rule, but they do weigh a bit more, still after my last cocker weight isn't a problem:D

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
What benefits does the vortex impeller bring?

I know it's got 6 paddles instead of 4, but does that actually increase the rate of feed?

Also, is the X-Board THE latest electronics for the revvy, or is there another mod for it? I keep hearing about the sound activated ones - is that what the xboard uses?

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by QuackingPlums

I know it's got 6 paddles instead of 4, but does that actually increase the rate of feed?

Also, is the X-Board THE latest electronics for the revvy, or is there another mod for it? I keep hearing about the sound activated ones - is that what the xboard uses?
Vortex Impellor

Well AFAIK the jurys still out, however saying that I ran two X-Board revvy's side by side one with and one without. The main benefit I saw was at the end of the feed. The impellor vanes are curved and these seem to carch the ball and almost thro it down the feed neck, the standard paddle just moved the balls around and it was random chance if they were moved to the feed neck.

For the paltry sum of <£10 I thout it was a good investment.

The X-Board is summat to do with light affecting the eye on the feed neck on revvys. As I remember it gem series revvys had problems with the optical sensor caused by light being picked up through the shell. The X-Board sorted this.

Though I could be wrong here:D

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by QuackingPlums

I don't believe it increases the rate, and thus how fast you can shoot, but it does seem to make sure there is a full ball stack more reliably. So you are less likely to chop upto a certain rate of fire.

Halo b does majorly increase the rate of feed, due in part to the spring tension.

The sound activated hopper is the re-load. Diablo in Brighton have them and they are the best agitating loader system I've used. Better then x-board and turbo rev. I have two... as back ups (to my Halo b's which I love) and as loaners and many people end up buying the board after they have borrowed mine. You can use the new reload board and servo in the reload kit to give a new lease of life to an old dead revvy.

The new Halo TSA (and agitating loader) is rumoured to work on the same sound activation technology.

manike

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
cheers guys, thanks for thh advise cube...prob a revvi it is then...

these sound activated revvis....do they suffer the same snapping crap plastic probs as the others?

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
A new vertical feed adapter is like an elbow, only straight. I'm pretty sure you can get them from kingman usa at www.kingmanusa.com.

As for the hopper...

A halo B will only be beneficial to a cocker user if he has an electro-cocker. The halo B was invented for all the electronic paint hoses (like mine) out there these days. The EvoII would be at the very bottom of my list, because of the bulky feel, over-inflated shape (and thus, huge target area), and the fact that the HALO is FAR superior in design. A Rev with X board should feed fine enough for a cocker, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Although you may not prefer the looks, the Ricochet 2k and Ak are far superior in design to the Revolution. The Revolution uses an IR sensor to indicate when there is a gap in the stack of balls, and then begins agitating. In short, it waits until there is a jam and then fixes it. The Ricochet has a flexible sensor that sticks out into the feedneck and whenever a ball trips the sensor, the paddles agitate. It doesn't wait unitl there is a gap in the balls, and thus gives a more consistent feed, especially at high rates of fire. I have a Ricochet on my Angel and I LOVE it (but I'm saving for a HALO B, 20 BPS here I come!) I rarely outshoot it, and the weight and feel are much better than the Rev (for me, at least). As for the Rev's snapping, when Brass Eagle bought out ViewLoader, the Rev began having problems with snapping and cracking, then they came up with the polycarbonate shell, which fixed the snapping problem, and I don't know what's happened since then, because I haven't kept up on the news about Revolutions (probably because I haven't owned one since I bought a 9 volt to go with my NEW 98 FX about three years ago) The impeller for the Rev stirs the balls better because the paddles are curved upwards, there are more paddles, and they're slightly longer to grab more balls at a time and guide them into the feedneck. They do seem to help a little from what I've seen (especially when you get down to your last few balls)

Well,
Enough fun for now, my hopper debating is over. Good day

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
how old is this thread! must have started months ago now!

i got a revvi by the way then sold it and got a halo for 50 notes! v fast v cool!