Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

which 'opper?

Originally posted by manike
What was it I offered last time someone said that about the evo 2 feeding a gun at 17bps?

Oh yes, :D if you have proof of a current standard Evolution 2 feeding a gun cycling at 22bps, then I will give you a case of paint, and a top marker to shoot it through and a Halo B...

:D
WHAT THE **** DO YOU HAVE AGAIST EVO'S??? READ THE ARTICLE!

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Play nice kiddo :D

I'm prone to think for myself, test equipment and require proof of claims that are unlikely...

If you have proof, feel free to prove me wrong. You have quite a lot to win...

I don't believe the evo 2 lives up to the claims made by BE. Many people are finding this also. It's come no-where near it in my tests.

Whilst we are on the subject of outrageous claims...

Are you 'currently hitting 14bps' with your Spyder Aggressor? Just wondering... :D

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Now now kids.......... be nice.

I have had a Rev on my imp since i got it mid last year and have had nothing but trouble. It can no way keep up with the rate of fire that i normally shoot and either slows my marker down (vision eye) or lets it chop like buggery. The problem for me at least where the rev and the ric fall down is not that i sit there having a sustained rate of fire in excess of 13bps and it cant keep up. Its more the fact that when snap shooting, a quick flutter on my magno blade trigger and it fires 2-3 shots with a speed far in excess of that what the rev and ric can keep up with.

Also i'm sick with having to replace shells and lids on my Rev, they are terrible and i dont like to worry about wether my hopper will snap off every time i slide into a bunker.

I dont think i'll touch a Egg on princible. After my Rev misery i'm going to avoid VL stuff with a passion. I'd like a product that doesnt fall apart on a regular basis. Plus to me the egg seems a bit tall and woulnt help my already tall Imp

As far as i'm concerend, the way to go would be to get a Halo B on my imp and i'll be sorted. The fact that it has a tensioned ball stack should solve my snap shooting problems, as well as the near bullet proof shell bonus. I've already tired a halo on my marker and it was nice although i had some problem with double loading. It seems to easily push past my Eclipse Fangz ADBs and cause issues, i guess replacing them with my original detents will probably solve the issue. Unless Planet release those replacement rubbers they keep promising me :p

The only problem is getting hold of a Halo at the moment. My brother got his (smoke colour) from smart parts at Elsham last year for £100 quid which i think is fair. I do think it was a bit out of order that Fat Bobs were selling them at Uttoxeter for £125 when they are £109 on their web site, no wonder it seems they didnt sell many (?). Seems like they only have black ones anyway, and i need my accesories to match :D

Dragons' Frontguy

Bling Bling..
Feb 17, 2003
Aalborg Denmark
www.teamdragons.dk
Ok to get back to the subject, the question was what hopper to get. I base my recommendation on a number of things.

1 The Evo II holds the most paint
2 IT WILL feed fast enough for most markers
3 It is cheap, compared to Halo B
4 The Halo is heavy and huge
5 The Evo II is also big, but it is moved back so you still produce a small target and it helps balance the marker.

I agree with Manike in not to "believe the hype" But when both PGI and WPG claims the Evo II to be the best buy, there must be some truth to it!

True the standard Evo II will feed "only" around 15-16 bps. But with the socalled Y-board, claims are 20-22 bps...:)

I'm prone to think for myself, test equipment and require proof of claims that are unlikely...

I don't believe the evo 2 lives up to the claims made by BE. Many people are finding this also. It's come no-where near it in my tests.

Are you 'currently hitting 14bps' with your Spyder Aggressor? Just wondering... :D
UH hmm, YES!!!!

UH hmm, YES!!!!

Aarron

SNARF
Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
The article in PGI stated that VL CLaimed the EVOII could fire at 22bps but the guys at PGI could only get 19bps out of it, still not to be sniffed at though.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by PaintBaller630
UH hmm, YES!!!!
OK... so you believe that you are shooting 14bps with a mechanically triggered Spyder agressor? Thanks, Now I know it's pointless discussing with you the capabilities of the Evo 2.

Have fun :D

The WPG used a drop test to evaluate how fast the evo 2 could feed. In my opinion this is not a good test nor indicative of how fast it will actually work when placed onto a marker.

I don't know but I am guessing the latest article in PGI used a similar test method.

It doesn't matter if it can feed 19bps in a drop test if when on gun it comes no-where close...

Where is feed rate most important? when the hopper isn't on your gun or when it is on your gun? :rolleyes: :D

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
No matter how fast the hopper, the question will always be how fast can you fire. There are only a few players who can outfire Evo II.
The day I outshoot my Evo II, i'll replace the batteries. Feeds my eblade fast enough that i does not chop with the eye off and thats good enough for me.