Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which Paint?

James500

Jan 23, 2019
So i have decided to get back into paintball and start playing again. The next walk on I can do at my local is in march and i want to get some paint ordered.

How do you choose the right paint for you? Using an ego 09 and its just going to be walk ons to begin with so will something cheap like Tippmann Combat be good enough or do i need to buy something better?

It's been so long since i last played i cant remember what i was using before

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
I find that free paint works the best for me. Failing that, the cheapest paint humanly possible.

But what everyone else thinks is that you should size the paint match the barrel you are using. So you need a sizer and a barrel set in order to get a perfect match.

If you have an Ego 9, and it still has the original barrel, that will be a .689 bore. That's good enough for most of the time.

The problem is that you never know if the box of paint you are buying has been dropped, or how it has been stored.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

James500

Jan 23, 2019
I understand i need .68 cal paintbals, thats not an issue.

Am I best of buying from a shop rather than ordering online for delivery?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
How it’s been transported & stored has the greatest impact on condition

Consistency is affected by the above and the balance between over/under/matched bore

In general, if in doubt go for the middle option
Ask the staff and others for opinions when there’s choice

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Online ordering has the disadvantage of paying for delivery (even if you get free delivery you’re paying in the price)

The best option is to buy on the day from the site you are playing at - you can see how others are experiencing it and have the retailer right there if you open the box to find bags full of soup

James500

Jan 23, 2019
Cheers, il give my local a ring and see how much they are charging for balls at walkons