Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which paintballs

Feb 24, 2016
so new to the sport me and the bro looking for a hobby we have both got ourselves set up both using etek 4's and i was just wondering what type of paint should i be looking to put through it there seems to be so much out there and with varying prices is there that much of a difference between brands, models etc
Any advice is welcome
Thanks

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Use whatever venue you attend supplies, if it's a bring your own then no one can tell you what to use. One type of paint can be brilliant one day and awful the next, depends on storage, batch, weather, what you had for breakfast and colour of your socks.

Feb 24, 2016
Ok i know that where im going let you use your own but also sell there at discounted rates hopefully not as pricey as the last time i went with work 70 quid for 2000 seemed like a piss take but now i understand its a big way that sites make money needed to keep running

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Quality always counts, no point shooting someone to see it bounce off or fly all over the shop.

TBH any decent brand of paint will be good, again as long as it's stored correctly ie in warm room and it's not too humid on the day, then it'll fly and break nicely....hopefully.

Have been using DXS Midnight and that's OK, recently HK and that was very very good, still love the old Marballizer as well.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Are you sure it was £70 for 2000 and not £70 for 1000?

£70 per 1000 is on a par for buying at smaller numbers of 100 to 500 at a time, and around £50 to £60 for 1000.
At a punter site £70 for 2000 would be a good price - maybe you did get that price as they are still getting a good price per unit, and as its the amount in a case have the minimum staff cost as all they have to do is pick up the box and hand it to you.
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/what-paintball-costs.153010/

It seems a rip off when looking online, or when regular players pay walkon or event prices and forget what it was like when they began. Punter sites cater for the random public, only make money twice a week and most people don't turn up if the weathers dodgy.

Normal punter play is like nightclubs - you go once in a while with your mates, pay a premium, have high numbers of staff watching you and hope to get lucky
Getting a punter site membership/discount scheme is the same as going to the pub, you go more often with mates, pay a bit less but drinks still cost much more then wholesale,.
Walkons are like private clubs - you pay much less for drinks but club members run the committee etc, most walkons are started & organised by a player and use less staff resulting in low overheads on the walkon as the punters are still the basis of the site.

For paint quality punter sites want a basic tough paint that will survive in basic guns, shoot through bushes and give a high profit margin. The site doesn't realy know how much paint they will use, they must have plenty paint on a busy day and if people come with fat wallets, but don't want it to degrade fast if they end up with a cold quiet day and its going to sit in the store for weeks.

The elite professional tournament player wants a perfectly formed sphere, fresh from the manufacturer with just enough time to 'cure', and is so fragile that it will only just survive being shot out of the gun but then break on the softest target. You won't see that at £20 per case.

Normal people want something inbetween, 'better' and more fragile then punter paint, but the higher the quality the higher the cost. Mechanical guns will be too tough on fragile paint, a fine tuned tournament level gun with a bore matched barrel can take fragile paint but as long as it flies in the right direction and can break on a body then its good

See what other people are choosing at a walkon when you probably have 2 or 3 choices. At events you can have a wide variety of choices but if in doubt look at what other people are buying but see what sort of player they are, start at the mid price and ask the seller

Feb 24, 2016
Are you sure it was £70 for 2000 and not £70 for 1000?

£70 per 1000 is on a par for buying at smaller numbers of 100 to 500 at a time, and around £50 to £60 for 1000.
At a punter site £70 for 2000 would be a good price - maybe you did get that price as they are still getting a good price per unit, and as its the amount in a case have the minimum staff cost as all they have to do is pick up the box and hand it to you.
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/what-paintball-costs.153010/

It seems a rip off when looking online, or when regular players pay walkon or event prices and forget what it was like when they began. Punter sites cater for the random public, only make money twice a week and most people don't turn up if the weathers dodgy.

Normal punter play is like nightclubs - you go once in a while with your mates, pay a premium, have high numbers of staff watching you and hope to get lucky
Getting a punter site membership/discount scheme is the same as going to the pub, you go more often with mates, pay a bit less but drinks still cost much more then wholesale,.
Walkons are like private clubs - you pay much less for drinks but club members run the committee etc, most walkons are started & organised by a player and use less staff resulting in low overheads on the walkon as the punters are still the basis of the site.

For paint quality punter sites want a basic tough paint that will survive in basic guns, shoot through bushes and give a high profit margin. The site doesn't realy know how much paint they will use, they must have plenty paint on a busy day and if people come with fat wallets, but don't want it to degrade fast if they end up with a cold quiet day and its going to sit in the store for weeks.

The elite professional tournament player wants a perfectly formed sphere, fresh from the manufacturer with just enough time to 'cure', and is so fragile that it will only just survive being shot out of the gun but then break on the softest target. You won't see that at £20 per case.

Normal people want something inbetween, 'better' and more fragile then punter paint, but the higher the quality the higher the cost. Mechanical guns will be too tough on fragile paint, a fine tuned tournament level gun with a bore matched barrel can take fragile paint but as long as it flies in the right direction and can break on a body then its good

See what other people are choosing at a walkon when you probably have 2 or 3 choices. At events you can have a wide variety of choices but if in doubt look at what other people are buying but see what sort of player they are, start at the mid price and ask the seller

Wow what an answer really interesting read mate thank you thats opened my eyes into the amount the sites have to think about seems very complicated but im sure ill get my head round it after seeing it first hand

Feb 24, 2016
Quality always counts, no point shooting someone to see it bounce off or fly all over the shop.

TBH any decent brand of paint will be good, again as long as it's stored correctly ie in warm room and it's not too humid on the day, then it'll fly and break nicely....hopefully.

Have been using DXS Midnight and that's OK, recently HK and that was very very good, still love the old Marballizer as well.
Ill put the feelers out when im there all the people that i have spoken too in regards to paintball seem very aproachable i suppose its try stuff out and see what you get on with all subjective