Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which Team Are You On?

AlfiEgo

Jun 29, 2013
Norwich
I been to many woodball sites that offer various ways of how to identify which ballers are ur teammates and which ones u should be shooting at...

The few I have seen;
Colour matching bibs
Armbands (big dislike)
Snoods

I would like to know if anyone else has any suggestions or experienced any other ways of identifying ur team mates. (Yes a team jersey works best).

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Customer days tend to use coloured hoppers.

Some big games have used coloured tee shirts, but the good old bit of tape on each arm remains top, occasion bit of ribbon for the strap of your mask as well.
Doesn't help if someone is using red in their kit and are on a blue side, they wonder why they get shot by their own side, duh!

Reactions: PBWill

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
armbands and/or strapping a tape, label etc. to your mask remains the easiest way of doing this. as far as wearing snoods and tees go, us ballers are rather picky about the gear we wear so it would probably annoy a lot of people who don't like wearing that kind of apparel.

AlfiEgo

Jun 29, 2013
Norwich
I always find armbands can be difficult to see, especially if just on the one arm!

Yet to use/see the mask coloured strapping but I like that idea!!

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Shoot everyone, dont take sides.

Also arm bands work well. Always have.

THeres been a few games where camo = your team, desert, dpm etc but it gets a bit expensive. Worked well for that game though. Really did.

Reactions: H

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
Sometimes it feels like how much friendly fire you take is proportional to how much further forward you are on the field compared to the rest of your team!

Arm bands seem to do the job quite well. Had ribbon on the back of the mask strap at Chocolate Factory last year. Worked out fairly well for me on the blue team although I did manage to shoot a team mate on the back of the head because I saw the red tails of his rising sun headband. Whoops. Luckily I was hiding in ferns at the time and wearing Tiger Lime i4s.

K-dog71

Jan 15, 2013
Chatteris , cambs
Arm bands are always the best way but ribbons to the mask make it so much easier to discern the opposition im surprised more games dont use them

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
One that I rarely see in the uk is dictating which arm has the arm band, eg red armband on left arm, blue arm band on right arm
Then if you're blue and see a bare right arm then its a fair assumption that they are the opposition

Glowsticks for night or indoor games. (But everyone wants to keep their arms back, or wrap extra tape (of the appropriate colour) to keep it 'more secure' on their arm (otherwise known as wrap tape around the glowstick in a spiral to reduce how much glow is showing)
Glowsticks are handy for medics - I have worn a necklace of 5+ glowsticks - preferably behind my back, and swung them in circles to advertise my location to people seeking respawn

Wearing clothing or something of the wrong colour is a problem if you're not sat at the back.
I have a red team logo, and when we were a team of two at north vs south on the blues the first year at swynnerton we had our patches on our backs (1 inch wide, 2 inches tall) and blue arm bands. We were both shot by friendly fire, not cross fire as they were direct hits, a reasonable mistake possibly - but straight into the back running up he first hill at game on! Not the cleverest at identifying people

At the rental site I first played at they used colluded hoppers, so I would use my gear and site hoppers, then I wanted to use my own (or my qloader) so would bring coloured tape and stick on the appropriate colour

At some indoor / cqb games in addition to the arm band (or glow stick) tape is often put on the end of the barrel. Then if you're at a corner and are quick thinking (or your opposition is hesitant) you can identify friend or foe and be ready for them to come around
This gave me one of my favourite pump eliminations - a barrel poking out at a corner, I hesitantly crept forward from my tiny recess in the wall as near as I dared, one shot right on the tip of his barrel - watching with joy as he twitched on impact, pulled back the barrel to look then left. I retreated like a scared little girl to my recess for the rest behind him to rush me!

A team uniform - as mentioned earlier, combats v jeans, or various camouflage styles for each faction. This works well when everyone co-operates, but is difficult when you have sponsored teams or people have to buy gear for their faction.

Laminated coloured/faction badged cards on your goggles

Faction identity works well with people who comply and look to identify friend or foe. No system works for those who shoot first, engage brain later