Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which Tippmann?

Dannysaysnoo

Dec 16, 2014
My first gun, it seems, will always be a Tippmann. People rave about their ruggedness and reliability. But which one to get?

I've played with site-rental 98s. They're pretty good, but the push-button safety gets right on my nerve.

The A5 seems pretty nifty, I quite like the MP5-styling on it. But the X7 seems pretty cool, too. Which one would you guys recommend?

QBaller

Oct 31, 2013
Glasgow
Go for the x7 phenom. It's an ace marker, superior internals to the A5, easily upgradable for performance and aesthetics (as you like styling). It has an E-trigger as standard which allows full auto with its cyclone feed. Another good thing with this marker is that you can switch between mechanical and electric if your battery fails you and that it can run CO2 as well as Air (just incase you go to Delta etc).

I have 2 of them and I've tried my friend's A5. It's no comparison really. Look out on the second hand market for a good deal. You're probably looking at the low to mid £200s. If you don't find one and are interested still PM me and I'll put my proofs up. I'll be putting mine up when i get a chance.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I wouldn't use any of them. An older Ego, DM, Mini, Rail etc etc will ALL be a far better marker for similar money

Reactions: Bolter

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
If its the milsim look your after go for a tm15. 98 is just a rental gun its ok but on the grand scale of things its poor. A5 hear good things but never had one. Phenom, wouldn't wipe my backside with it, highly upgrade able however its completely pointless as it makes a bad marker even worse. Tm15 knocks all of tippmann scenario guns out of the ballpark

Quiet, efficient, looks awesome, doesn't need upgrading (though add a superfreak and its spot on accurate) , one of the lightest markers out there, durable. Very easy to work on, it has eyes so you'll rarely break a ball unlike the phenom which I found to be more like a juicer

QBaller

Oct 31, 2013
Glasgow
Tm15 knocks all of tippmann scenario guns out of the ballpark
That is until the solenoid decides to call it a day and your rip clip runs out of juice. Then it really does become the wall hanger. Seen that scenario first hand with someone at NVS.

For someone getting a starter marker, I would recommend something where there are less things that can go wrong (anything electronic). The guy obviously has a penchant for mil sim, so why steer him towards tourney markers.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
the original solenoids sucked but the replacements are fine. running out of batteries is meaningless, if you want an electro marker you carry spare batteries. if you run out its down to stupidity. certainly doesnt become a wall hanger its easily fixed and cheaply..... my phenom failed on me repeatedly at nvs, never stopped chopping balls the egrip never worked, the cyclone just doesnt feed properly and when it does the bolt just shreds the ball. the tent there always has some sort of queue with broken tippmanns

best advice your gonna get is go to a game or local shop and get some proper info or try the markers you like.

QBaller

Oct 31, 2013
Glasgow
Haha......same markers, different experiences. I've moved onto other markers since then but will always keep the phenom on standby.

best advice your gonna get is go to a game or local shop and get some proper info or try the markers you like.
i'll agree to that.

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Each to their own, my tm was always on standby aswell lol till moved into dfender and many other things