Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which Tippmann?

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
The guy obviously has a penchant for mil sim, so why steer him towards tourney markers.
Because many new players are initially attracted to "realistic looking guns" and wouldn't necessarily know the differences between them. From a purely practical viewpoint, a tourney marker is more versatile and effective choice.

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
it is true that some new people are attracted to markers that look like guns BUT in my opinion with good advice they can experience both sides of paintball with a more woods ball marker. its down to personal preference play a lot of woods ball but if i give speed ball a try (true on a very basic level) i would take the Tippmann A5 in to battle... i know people will disagree with that but thats my opinion

to the original post
im loving my A5 and i have the response trigger, its great because its easy to turn off when in not using it but when i make it to big games its great to know i have the extra fire power...

Dannysaysnoo

Dec 16, 2014
Tourney markers seem fine, but damn if they aren't expensive. This is my first gun, and the A5 seems to be great for price to performance.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Tourney markers seem fine, but damn if they aren't expensive. This is my first gun, and the A5 seems to be great for price to performance.
Not necessarily - older Egos, Eteks, DMs, NTs, Minis, Protos and a lot more can be had for well under £200 secondhand and down to as little as £100 or a bit less!

Dannysaysnoo

Dec 16, 2014
Not necessarily - older Egos, Eteks, DMs, NTs, Minis, Protos and a lot more can be had for well under £200 secondhand and down to as little as £100 or a bit less!
Yeah, but I wanna leave off on one of them and see if I go into speedball or just stay a woodsballer.

Ricwin

At the cutting edge of cocking about
Dec 31, 2014
Southport, UK
I cant fault the A5 at all. Fantastic marker, never let me down, no issues with it regardless of the playing conditions, built like an AK.
Its a very flexible and customisable marker, add an e-trigger for automatic action combined with the range and you have a seriously competitive piece of kit.
The only downside is the weight compared to tourney markers. I'd have no problem carrying a Luxe all day at NvS but a kitted up A5...