Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Who should Go PRO and AM

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Oh yeah

I picked up on it. Oh yeah and Beaker. We have played the Hillbillies once and we took them the distance and almost took The Rushers the distance and we are only novice. Or are we? I guess no one will ever know until a ranking system is implemented in the U.K.!!!!!

RESPECT:D

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
cjohns

that's the problem. EG. At Toulouse we beat 2 Am teams and took 3 kills off Bob Longs Ironmen - more than ANY other team (inc ALL the Pro teams they played) took off them in the whole tourney until they "somehow" lost to Joy in the last game of the Semi's

Every team has their tales of individual glory but its whether you can consistantly play well against such opposition. At Campaign we couldn't hit the floor and only got 23rd or something.

I would say we are probably an Am team by UK standards but when you play the Millenniums (esp the foreign ones so you see more Euro than UK sides) and see what the difference is. We are most definately Novice there.

Out of interest, what does anyone who knows Thunder think we should be?

james adkin

myspace.com/londontigers
Jul 14, 2001
www.myspace.com
Its all well and good taking a Am/pro team to the wire. But its consistently beating every team in your current level that means you should move up a level.
Doing a pro team if your novice is good, (ask the Camp tigers)
we almost had them. But if its a one off (and the ton tons) then its more luck than skill level.

I think NBK should go pro with the Rushers
And Campaign Power and Scalps go Am

just my opinion

jamie:D :D :D

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
James

How often are you playing teams that are in your level that shouldn't be there? So if you are playing in the novice division and you are playing against teams that say they are novice, but they are clearly Am level, how are you supposed to decide what level you should be in if you hang with these teams? The decision of what division a team should play in should not be determined by the team but by a board who decides. If we lived in a perfect world, then every team would be honest about what division they are, but we don't so therefore an outside unbiased party should decide what level each player is on. Say you have a 5 man tourney. Your team consists of 3 novice players and 2 am players. Then your team should enter as novice. I agree that it would be hard to do this, but it would be benificial to everyone. There should be a U.K. circuit where each player has to register and be rated on their ability and that is what level that player is classified as. Like I said, I know it would be difficult, but it could work and if it did it would be great. I hope what I said made some sense. If not, sorry:D

james adkin

myspace.com/londontigers
Jul 14, 2001
www.myspace.com
Damn right mate,

one other thing that f**ks me off is Am teams that employ pro players for tournies. Take Consilium Dei for example, did they not have Billy Wing and John Richardson playing for them. Now these guys are two of the best in the world and i dont think it is fair that an Am team should be able to 'use' them for a tourny. I understand that it improves the gameplay of the other teams players, but if this isent controlled it will be a case of who can sign the better players will win, rather than who has the better Am team.
If that makes sense.

These is appearing in alot of sports, where a superstar is brought into a team, and because of this an original player has to miss a game/tournament whatver. Now surely thats not right.

No disrespect to any pro's, but surely it cant improve your game much guys if you play against players not your standard???????

Glad thats outa my system now!!

jamie :D :D :D

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Agreed

Jamie,

I totally agree. It makes me wonder why none of the big names are replying to this post. Those are the guys that can do something about this.

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
There is one advantage to having these so called better players or teams in your division. They make you think more and possible play better! Yeah they may whoop up on your team. But think about this as well! If you constantly stay in a division below your standard you start to play at that standard. Piece of advice given to me in another hobby I was into... "Play at a higher level and excel at what you are doing and you too will be one of the better people!"