Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Who wants PGI back?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'm not sure that is me ... I don't remember that front cover at all but hey, my memory is failing fast.
Our [the UK] magazine had a strange effect on UK ball, it kinda provided a backdrop for our ballers, I realise the UK scene wasn't covered as much as some wanted but I've explained why we had no choice.
We all read PGi - of course we read the others but whilst they provided information and coverage, they didn't elicit the same affection from the UK baller.
Matt gave birth to PGi [owner] , Steve Duffy [group editor] became the other parent in terms of nurturing it through to adulthood.
I miss the writing that's for sure but I also miss the fraternity it created.

Jun 11, 2008
I'm fortunate enough to still own most of the mags and you can clearly see the switch from UK based coverage to global, particularly US. It's followed by lots of letters of complaint.
The reality is the US teams dominate the pro scene.
Put it this way - would you rather play Dynasty or the S****horpe Six.
PGI got it right with the change and recognised when it was (sadly) time to call it a day.

JJ

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
I think if we wanna keep the spirit of paintball alive we all need to dig deep and contribute. Me and Latham love paintball which is why we started playing again and we can't find a place to get real down to earth opinions on things...so we set up our own website and do our own news and views. And we love doing it!!!!! It's also helping us get more involved and form some solid opinions on things, such as the modern game and what it's lacking. Shameless plug but if anyone's interested check out GFH-HQ.com for our take on things.

We're also finding it tough too. Really tough. Having a busy working life and home life making time to play ball, watch ball, design, build and populate a website,blog, Facebook page, twitter account, Pinterest...etc is very tricky especially when we ain't making a penny from any of it. But we'll keep on trucking and hopefully make it everything we set out to do. It isn't PGI and never will be but bear with us and we'll try our best to make something that will be around for a while.

Reactions: Stephen

JKFuller13

May 22, 2012
I was a subscriber to it for a year but I do miss it...that's the only reason I ever stepped in to W.H.Smiths

Last edited:

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Airsoft seems to manage (maybe barely) to have at least two magazines on the shelf each month.

so maybe Paintball could as well.

or alternatively combining and having a Paintball/airsoft/Laser tag etc Outdoor combat pursuits type magazine, with supporters/sponsors from all corners.

Yes I do miss PGI, have a magazine rack of the mags I still read,