Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Who was out this weekend?

primep8

Feb 8, 2014
Since deciding to get into the sport of paintballing a bit more often i went to npf bassetts pole and played there for the first time today.. Went as a punter and thoroughly enjoyed it just as i thought i would and will deffo be participating in another game soon.. Even though there was a few cheaters on the opposing team who you would shoot then they would disappear for a few seconds to obv wipe off the paint only to pop up and shoot you out but i suppose thats expected in punter games.. If anyone was there today then ye blues i said it...cheaters haha... Anyway where did you all go?

dantheman88

Feb 7, 2014
I know, i think its kind of expected at turn up and play games.

I have shot guys in the past and they dont even move, they just wipe and fire back lol.

they trick is, get into a position where you can hurt them repeatably with paintballs, then u will soon see them walk out :D

(do i sound like a cruel evil darth vadar?)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I know, i think its kind of expected at turn up and play games.

I have shot guys in the past and they dont even move, they just wipe and fire back lol.

they trick is, get into a position where you can hurt them repeatably with paintballs, then u will soon see them walk out :D

(do i sound like a cruel evil darth vadar?)
Two stereotypes of the rental field - wipers & the punter hunter

People might cheat, people might not
If you've paid £10 for a ticket, then possibly got a shock to find its going to cost you another £30 or £50 to play for the day, then you go out and get shot in the first minute then it's not much of a surprise that a player walks around a bush

If people are just constantly wiping then that's an issue for the marshalls. Safety is more important then stopping cheating but if they don't see constant cheating then they still haven't got enough of an eye on what is going on to monitor safety

On occasions the person who promptly returns may have been turned around by a marshal saying headshots don't count, there's no paint on you so it must have bounced - or even just 'get back in and have another go'

Shooting people repeatedly so they are in sufficient pain is counterproductive - they walk away at the end of the day and never return, or they inflict the pain on others

dantheman88

Feb 7, 2014
Two stereotypes of the rental field - wipers & the punter hunter

People might cheat, people might not
If you've paid £10 for a ticket, then possibly got a shock to find its going to cost you another £30 or £50 to play for the day, then you go out and get shot in the first minute then it's not much of a surprise that a player walks around a bush

If people are just constantly wiping then that's an issue for the marshalls. Safety is more important then stopping cheating but if they don't see constant cheating then they still haven't got enough of an eye on what is going on to monitor safety

On occasions the person who promptly returns may have been turned around by a marshal saying headshots don't count, there's no paint on you so it must have bounced - or even just 'get back in and have another go'

Shooting people repeatedly so they are in sufficient pain is counterproductive - they walk away at the end of the day and never return, or they inflict the pain on others
I will have to respectfully disagree with your position mate.

I introduced a mate to a punter day like this, to get him into paintball. Hes a very honest and upright guy who would never contemplate wiping as its ruins the competition and point of the game.

He shot a guy, must be 4 or 5 times and he wouldn't go out. The guy then finally got him and he stood up and walked out.

My mate proceeded to be bummed out for the rest of the day, not really enjoy himself and he said he would never go again because of the amount of cheating going on.

It didn't help that the marshall didnt have two pence between his ears though.

So in conclusion, I think cheaters actually hurt the game more that people who overshoot the cheaters. Obviously dont seriously hurt people, I am not saying that. Just make it clear that paint isnt going to stop until they walk out!

I am probably going to get flamed for this..... :D

Anyway, I totally empathize with your position.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Not disputing that rentals may cheat - as well as walkons, just the way that things get worded on shooting until they leave. In one way that it's worded I consider it worse then the wiper, it's frustrating if people are wiping but it's more of a bad day if you get hammered with paint because you wiped once, someone on the day is wiping
The latter way you have worded it is to just keep going until they walk, not battering them just keeping at it
There's no more you can do then that other than be an example

At least if it's one particularly bad wiper then you can say its one out of so many and he won't be around if you go onto walkons etc
People do cheat at walkons too, but with regular crowds etc there is the additional peer pressure to not be a dick