Why cant i reply to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Hi,

I can’t reply to this post http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/all-sold-please-graveyard.162812/#post-1479744

As i still have not received my item yet. I have replied to him but want to make it public so others can get an idea on the seller as i like to view posts from sellers before i buy things.

Why was it grave yarded before i received my item i think it should be grave yarded once items have been received

Take it up with the seller, it was moved by request. How the hell are we supposed to know if you've got your item or not??

victor mullen

Banned
Mar 28, 2013
Well you could make it so buyers should post on the listing as recieved ? because you could get someone who is a con man that sells an item makes out its sent and asks for the thread to be closed and the seller is free to do it again

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
This was something sent four working days ago according to the seller.

Have a bit of patience before getting the mods involved please.

Reactions: cheyenne

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Well you could make it so buyers should post on the listing as recieved ? because you could get someone who is a con man that sells an item makes out its sent and asks for the thread to be closed and the seller is free to do it again
As I said, we can't keep track of every transaction on this forum which is provided to you for FREE. You should be reminded that you're buying and selling online with people you've never met and aren't likely to. The onus is on YOU to do your homework on the seller and satisfy yourself before sending money.

We make sure the rules are adhered to, if we're asked to get involved we will as far as is reasonable and practical and very often above and beyond what would be expected of anyone. Other forums will simply tell you they do not want to know.

I don't speak for all the Mods, however I know when people start to get arsey, I personally tend to lose all willingness to help.

victor mullen

Banned
Mar 28, 2013
You don’t seem to understand what I’m saying. I didn’t ask for help i asked why can’t threads be closed once the transaction is complete by people saying ''sent'' ''received''

Quoting your words ''The onus is on YOU to do your homework on the seller and satisfy yourself before sending money''.
My first point i made would make it easier to do that!

And who is getting arsey ? Don’t know why you mentioned that for.

My post was a suggestion and you took it the wrong way.

victor mullen

Banned
Mar 28, 2013
And to reply from what you said in the other post about ''check my attitude'' and ''wind my neck in'' its not my attitude that needs checking. (I removed it from the other post thought it would be better here and not on the for sale section im glad you could see what i edited out)

Last edited:

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
You don’t seem to understand what I’m saying. I didn’t ask for help i asked why can’t threads be closed once the transaction is complete by people saying ''sent'' ''received''

Quoting your words ''The onus is on YOU to do your homework on the seller and satisfy yourself before sending money''.
My first point i made would make it easier to do that!

And who is getting arsey ? Don’t know why you mentioned that for.

My post was a suggestion and you took it the wrong way.

So why open a thread? Ok you've made a suggestion and I gave you the answer. It was moved to the graveyard as per the title change requested.

What you're suggesting is that when someone changes a title or requests a thread be moved to graveyard, that we mods run around checking everyone is satisfied first? I fully understand what you're saying, I don't think you understand how much work that involves when you consider the majority of posts on this forum are in the for sale section with God knows how many threads per day/week/month. And I'll repeat, the onus is on YOU to do your homework, not on us to make sure deals conclude satisfactorily. If you take the risk and it goes wrong, it's your problem, not ours.

Read your original post, the title is

"why cant I reply to post"

That's not a suggestion.

"Why was it grave yarded before i received my item i think it should be grave yarded once items have been received"

That's also not a suggestion, that's an opinion.

Again, because you seem to be unable to grasp this, how the hell are we supposed to know whether you've got your item or not?

The seller followed the rules of posting, provided you with proof of posting. if you wanted super fast postage tracked, insured and recorded did you specify this in your payment? did you pay extra to cover it? Was it made clear to either party that this is what was expected? Seller said price + postage suggesting to me that you were to pay for the postage you expected.

And to reply from what you said in the other post about ''check my attitude'' and ''wind my neck in'' its not my attitude that needs checking. (I removed it from the other post thought it would be better here and not on the for sale section im glad you could see what i edited out)

You were told to wind your neck in because you posted the same thing across multiple topics in multiple sections, there is no need. Once is enough. In fact you should be contacting the seller, as said before it's all at your own risk.

victor mullen

Banned
Mar 28, 2013
I didn’t say MOD help why can’t i reply to post. Anyone could have replied. I didn’t state the postage costs he emailed saying it was £4.

I think most the mods do a great job here.

You could have just said what you said below in the first place without being rude.

What you're suggesting is that when someone changes a title or requests a thread be moved to graveyard, that we mods run around checking everyone is satisfied first? I fully understand what you're saying, I don't think you understand how much work that involves when you consider the majority of posts on this forum are in the for sale section with God knows how many threads per day/week/month. And I'll repeat, the onus is on YOU to do your homework, not on us to make sure deals conclude satisfactorily. If you take the risk and it goes wrong, it's your problem, not ours.

I would have understood that but not when you say ''check my attitude'' and ''wind my neck in''

Status
Not open for further replies.