Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why did Reball centres fail?

Jon C

Do you play with balls?
Feb 1, 2005
Whore house
www.ontargetpaintball.co.uk
and tha'ts one of the problems with this country "local indoor sites" unfortunately the uk doesn't have a big enough player base to warrant having lots of indoor reball sites, more like the same amount of training sites we have now, if not less.

Years ago there was a place called fireball gym owned by Bernie Janes (sp) who also owns go ballistic and the place was phenominal. if i remember rightly it was £40 per month or £20 per session. It was open well into the late evening 10/11pm and was one of the best training facilities i have seen in the uk! A lot of time and money was spent.

It was roughly a 1 and 1/2 hours drive each way for us but we were using it twice a week in the evenings normally not getting into well after midnight! yet we heard players from half hour away "its too far away im not using it" to me damm cheap reball. a lot cheaper than paint. its the same with everything in paintball everything is too cheap!!

Reactions: Hudson'

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Simple - nobody would pay to use them. They all wanted free or discounted training, which meant that the business model didn't work.
funny how somebody mentioned quite recently how tight fisted british ballers are :p in a logical world people should be happy to pay a lump sum to get use of a reball centre but in reality everybody is too cheap to reach in their pocket and use it even although it is so much more cost effective than using paint.

i'm half expecting someone to bring in the point that if we all started using reballs, paint prices would have to go up to compensate and then we just make it even more expensive for ourselves!

Last edited:

Jon C

Do you play with balls?
Feb 1, 2005
Whore house
www.ontargetpaintball.co.uk
paint prices would go up if sites started shutting down on a mass scale. no other reason. If demand was so low for a high grade paint it would just stop being shipped here.

The market in europe is so much stronger than in the uk at the minute they dont need us!