Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why do people cheat?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Tell that to my buddy Markus Nielsen who is a genius in the art of playing on/ cheating! Everyone know's he does it yet he is harder to catch than Asafa Powell!

All Hail Markus!
Terrible example.
Marcus hardly ever gets away with it, and has been responsible for every team he has played for bombing out of events due to severe penalties, despite their talent and the fact they would have done better in the event if he hadn't been on the team, simply because he always gets caught (because refs can bank on the fact that he's going to cheat). I would say he may even be the worse cheat ever, in both ways, which is why no-one wants him on their team.

Not to mention the fact that he would sell his sponsored gun at every event, and then after the event he would claim the gun had been stolen/lost by customs, etc and ask for another sponsored gun. When allowed to use a prototype Eclipse marker shortly after joining their stable, he sold that, and then has to scramble to try to find it again when he got found out.

A real role model that guy.

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
I think another big factor is the money we spend to actually play, a typical days training can cost from 50 pounds to 100 pounds. If you're constantly getting dinked out say off the break the money your paying is not justified for the amount of time spent playing.

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
i totally agree with jack, well, when playing recball and punter days. not complaining about the prices. But people are paying over £100 to play and when they are getting hit out at the beggining of everygame the immediate remedy is to wipe

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
Lombardian ethic.
"win at all costs"

thats why i think teams/people cheat.
the drive to win out weighs their sens of sportsmanship.

they want to be the best, and they dont care what they have to do to achive it.

its something that is practically impossible to eliminate completely, the only two ways i think it could be possible, is to either, drill it into the kids/new players, that if they cheat, they will be hammerd for it.
alternatly, more refs. if you know that theres for example, 2 refs watching you at any given time, you arnt going to risk a 1 4 1.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I think it's largely relevant to the level of cheating ,

At a wiping level, or playing the grey in game I think it's instinctive to take advantage of a situation if you can,when your playing something that fast paced and your full of adrenalin especially in a competitive situation I think you've already made a subconscious decision to cheat if it looks like you can get away with it ,I would go as far to say it's more natural to cheat than it is to be honest and own up to a hit,if you have made a premeditated moral decision to always be honest and you carry it out I applaud you, but I think your going against the the grain as it were.

Of course that could all be 0 Grade psychology BS but there ya go.

However if you make and use velocity ramping cheater boards for your factory sponsored teams so they get your name and products on to the podium then your just a bit of a shady *******.

Joshie15

Jul 28, 2009
UK,Bournemouth
When was the last time you went to an event where anybody else but the winners are rewarded, I don't want to slip into some PC-esque 'we need to reward everybody' philosophy, but when I first started playing there were still prizes/trophies for most sporting team.

At the end of the day we all like to win, and if we can't do it on an even playing field then someone will always put a slope on it to help themselves with that, unfortunatly that slope is a slippery one and pretty soon most people are on it.

but rewarding everybody defeats the point of competing.
you compete in competitions to win not just to have a good time. (not that u cant have a gd time as well)