Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why do people cheat?

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
The guy who shot you had also paid an arm and a leg to be there.

No excuses. Play the game or go home.

lol @ missy :D

Reactions: upzii

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
People cheat because they aren't good enough to play without cheating, or because everyone else they are playing with are cheating.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Give Judges flamethrowers, and you'll end the cheating issue overnight.

EDIT: let me qualify that - I have no problem with good cheats who don't get caught. And people like Marcus have personality, and that goes a long way.

As for the cheaters who whine when they get caught - pass the flamethrower.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
I used to cheat because eveyone else did. I don't see why I should be at a disadvantage.

And because Rich Haris made me.

Reactions: Exile

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
Surely cheating just comes down to the team letting it happen ??? esp in touney stuff, if the/your team had a real problem with it would you still do it ???

i do agree it happens and always will for many reason, need to win, i still think money is a big part, getting tagged on the break doesn't make for a good day, paying 50-100 pounds to stand in the dead box because some lucky git blind fired over a bunker just doesn't sit well.

But cheating can be outlawed in the sport, by the teams you/we play for and i also don't understand how you get a feeling of winning, when all the time you know you didn't really win anything you cheated your way to a trophy, why not just go and buy your own trophy as that's all your doing anyway by cheating.

i think that's the one main thing i don't understand, don't you look around at the other ballers stood their when you collect your trophy and just feel ashamed, i know i would.

To me winning is massive, but winning fairly is so much more important, i want to go home knowing we were the best, and also by not cheating and beating teams that do, its a big birdy in their face.

Reactions: niallist

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
People cheat because they aren't good enough to play without cheating, or because everyone else they are playing with are cheating.
Yeah thats right, i mean that dynasty guy who got 3 for 1'd at campaign cup is obviously terrible ;)
People cheat because its stupidity, 99% of cheaters dont go on the field thinking im gonna wipe today, it happens because its in an easy spot to wipe (feet, hand, elbow etc)
The other reason why people wipe is because its a rush... simple, you ever cheated and not been caught? Course u have.. not ONE ! and i mean NOT ONE person on this forum who has played paintball for more than a few tourneys has not cheated or thought about doing it at one point.

Simples