The Home Of European Paintball

why does every one seem to love the ion

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Originally posted by stevenrules
speak to the guys at planet and ask for there honest opinion unless you spend £200 + on them the are crap
Or spend >£50 on a new trigger and feedneck, then go play an entire season with zero problems, never out-gunned even when playing Pro and Div1 teams.

Skill counts, having a cheaper gun just means you have more money to spend on training - I've seen every make of gun out there have problems, mostly down to user-error;)

ionhalo

Cobra's Member
Sep 24, 2005
Visit site
well well another ion post, jesus i love my ion, not cause its me first paintball gun (thats why i love it really :p), easy to maintain. parts so easy to get an so many upgrades, for a starter marker hell get one, they cant bet an ego or an angel but french connection united kindom, them it kicks anythings backsides

(trying to cut back on swearing)

Gair333

May 17, 2005
Visit site
honestly, the ion is CHEAP thats it. if you want hi end proformance gat a wraith- seriously its better, and most of all its very simple to use, the only upgrade u need would probs be a derlin bolt.

if you want a marker to get lots of pats for and upgrade get a WGP autococker ;)

if you want high end performance, get a high end gun! yes theyre expensive, but i most ion owners buy there ion new for £180 + 50 for new feed neck and trigger+ £20-30 for a decent bottom line so ud be paying £350 for a mid range marker when you could get an ego for that price!!!!

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
im with the pink on this

seriously guys, new feedneck is not a 100% need.

bottom line yeah maybe as ive switched mine for a check it

but trust the ion is a supreme bit of kit that does everything a 600-700 gun would do in the same guys hands!

ive played with a lot and i feel well happy when i just switch on my ion and go mow people with it!

never skips a beat

BUKKA

Revolt

Monkey features
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
i think its also so popular, because if you look on any online store, upgrades and replacement spares are so easy to come by, id hardly say if you break a part on your ion its gona be out of action for months while you wait on a replacement, shrugg just my opinion

Skeet

Platinum Member
People recommend it for many reason...either they have one, or have one and are sponsered, or do it because thats what everyone else says...however, the truth lies in your personal circumstances.

What do you want from a marker?
What can you afford for a marker?

If teh answers are:
As much as possible.
Not a great deal.

Then the Ion is teh best bet...

There are better guns out there, but will cost you more.

Buy one secondhand, maybe with a trigger an dfeedneck on it and your sorted...if you can afford to spend more, then do so.

I personally amd not a SP fan, but teh Ion and Shocker are both very good markers.