Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

why does every one seem to love the ion

Trems

knee is broken again :[
Dec 3, 2004
West Mids
Cheap, light quiet and no kick....

Performance wise i'd say its better than my ego, but if your a tart like most of us, you might just prefer the little things a high end marker gives such as user interface and the finish, plus if anything i'd say the ion is a little delicate inside, i've had to repair two that have had broken switches but its a peice of piss and not a big deal.

As above get a second hand one with decent barrel, trigger (pm ollgeeze for these his are awesome and highly affordable!;)), bottom line and feedneck for around 150-200 and youre laughing, leaves you at least 200 change to go training with that you wouldnt have if you bought an ego and even more if you buy a DM.

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
imho

the ion is great value for money, so is the wrath(heard bad thinks tho) and so is the promaster.

i would probably go for the promaster tho, it is cocker threaded, has (nearly) same feedneck as impulse/shocker/ion/nerve, and comes ramping as stock(i believe)

icd is huge in US just not over here, so u will be amongst the few people who have one.

they come in whatever colour you want, but you have to want black!!!

there is a couple on the boards at the mo, and it aint plastic, plus it is a timmy/ego in disguise

soadrkorny

My Balls, Your Face
Jun 21, 2005
luton
samuraipaintball.com
*easy to use
*light as f**k
*consistant and efficient
*easily have trust in it
*todays games are capped at 15bps.. this can go 17 so no one can moan about speed
*MONEY-CHEAP AS HELL!!!!

Originally posted by Trems

Performance wise i'd say its better than my ego.
Sigh:eek:

1. Ego is more efficient
2. Better Built
3. Attains higher rate of fire
4. Is better out the box
5. More accurate
6. Better customer support (by ten fold)
7. More reliable

In what way does it out perform any ego?

Having owned both I conceed that the Ion is a good marker (for the money) But simply does not have the grace and sheer speed of an ego!

Gair333

May 17, 2005
Visit site
planet eclipse do have unparrelelled customer support, ions are light but they will NEVER be a high end marker, the are not designed for years of use, infact i dont think anone has owened one for a year yet, but id give it another 3-4 months b4 they start to break down alot ;)