www.ltpaintball.com
Originally posted by Dark Stranger
Sigh:eek:

1. Ego is more efficient
2. Better Built
3. Attains higher rate of fire
4. Is better out the box
5. More accurate
6. Better customer support (by ten fold)
7. More reliable
Double sigh.

1. yes, if you shoot 15 pods a game then the Ion is not for you - but I was capable of shooting 4pods + halo with a 0.7l tank on stock internals.
2. maybe, but I haven't seen a Ion that had problems that weren't directly attributed to the user.
3. bothered - 15bps in semi is more than 99.9% can do.
4. better how? has prettier packaging?
5. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. and fairies living inside 'Cockers make them shoot further:rolleyes: the paint has way more to do with accuracy than the gun ever will.
6. Whatever.
7. Uh-huh, and see points 2 & 5.

If you don't like them then fine - but it's a personal preference and at least 2/3rds of your points are so ridiculously subjective that I wonder why you bothered listing them.

Have fun.

Pinks

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Yeah go with what skeet and dark stranger said buy the EGO.

You want be able to afford to buy any air system or a hopper but atleast you could frame it and hang it over your bedroom door or something.

Think of the bigger picture, have you got playing clothes, packs, pods, mask and the biggest thing would be to buy some paint which can rack up in price.

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
The best advice, is to ignore everything that's been said about which marker is better than which other marker.

It all comes down to personal preference. I personally don't like the Ion, not because of it's performance but because I don't like the feel of it. First marker I got was an Angel IR3, that felt right to me. Yes, there were other things about, yes there are a lot of "better" markers. But, I was comfortable with my Angel.

The best marker, is whichever marker you feel comfortable playing with. Forget the performance, everywhere's usually capped to 15bps anyway and so what if you have to refill your tank after every game?

Originally posted by MrPink
Double sigh.

1. yes, if you shoot 15 pods a game then the Ion is not for you - but I was capable of shooting 4pods + halo with a 0.7l tank on stock internals.
2. maybe, but I haven't seen a Ion that had problems that weren't directly attributed to the user.
3. bothered - 15bps in semi is more than 99.9% can do.
4. better how? has prettier packaging?
5. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. and fairies living inside 'Cockers make them shoot further:rolleyes: the paint has way more to do with accuracy than the gun ever will.
6. Whatever.
7. Uh-huh, and see points 2 & 5.

1. 4 pods and halo on 4.5k fill. Remember those reading this thread are mostly going to have access to 3k at walk ons. On my 1.1 I could only only get 3 pods and a hopper out of a 3k fill. Not enough for a rec game or even a back / some mid tourney players.

2. As I said my eye board randomly stopped working (smart parts are obviously aware of a concern as they sent me another for free. Very out of character for smart parts!)

3. Easier to attain higher rates of fire. Could not walk my ion (stock and cp roller) anywhere as quick as impy / ego. (and no Mr Pink neither have naughty amounts of bounce)

4. Better out the box as in propper bottom line and on/off, propper feed neck, trigger that does not snap in half after first use, good barrell, world wide legal modes and does not drain the battery while switched off.

5. Poor accuracy is not caused by fairies or bad paint. I have shot anarchy through both impy / Ion / Ego (same batch with same freak barrell) the Ion is the least accurate. Possibly due to poor internal tollerances in fire chamber / bolt.

6. You have no sensible argument on the customer support front.

7. Again build quality has a direct effect on reliability.

Obviously your opinions will be a little blurred by the fact the Tigers are endorsed / sponsered by smart parts. While I was shooting one I did not have a bad word to say about them. Only when you look from a neutral perspective can you give a a critical eye to the marker.

Catch you later Pinki

David

stevenrules

Nov 23, 2005
birmingham
Visit site
i would put a wrath over an ion any day yes i have shot both and the wrath is beter built the only down fall is it hasnt got eyes but apart from that it is better in my opinion.

as people are saying go down to your local field and ask a few people if you can have a rope with there gun that is the only way you are going to see which gun you really like

peace out

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Originally posted by Dark Stranger
1. 4 pods and halo on 4.5k fill. Remember those reading this thread are mostly going to have access to 3k at walk ons. On my 1.1 I could only only get 3 pods and a hopper out of a 3k fill. Not enough for a rec game or even a back / some mid tourney players.

2. As I said my eye board randomly stopped working (smart parts are obviously aware of a concern as they sent me another for free. Very out of character for smart parts!)

3. Easier to attain higher rates of fire. Could not walk my ion (stock and cp roller) anywhere as quick as impy / ego. (and no Mr Pink neither have naughty amounts of bounce)

4. Better out the box as in propper bottom line and on/off, propper feed neck, trigger that does not snap in half after first use, good barrell, world wide legal modes and does not drain the battery while switched off.

5. Poor accuracy is not caused by fairies or bad paint. I have shot anarchy through both impy / Ion / Ego (same batch with same freak barrell) the Ion is the least accurate. Possibly due to poor internal tollerances in fire chamber / bolt.

6. You have no sensible argument on the customer support front.

7. Again build quality has a direct effect on reliability.

Obviously your opinions will be a little blurred by the fact the Tigers are endorsed / sponsered by smart parts. While I was shooting one I did not have a bad word to say about them. Only when you look from a neutral perspective can you give a a critical eye to the marker.

Catch you later Pinki

David
1. Learn to set your gun up? Dropping the dwell a few points from stock will lead to the kinda of gas consumtion that I was getting - that simple.

2. You're complaining about having the eye board replaced for free? Wow.

3. If you're getting higher rates of fire, then the other guns ARE bouncing - stop kidding yourself. Unless your fingers magically work better when using a different gun.

4. Ok, so you spend £70 on a new feedneck, trigger (which a LOT of people replace on any gun - even Ego's/DM's etc.), Barrel (again frequently changed) and on/off (another oft-changed item) - big whoop. You've still saved a couple of hundred quid, oh, and Ion has legal fire modes, plus my batteries last me almost as long as my old DM4's (and I don't take them out between trainings)

5. Are you really telling me that you can't shoot your Ion as accurately? You need to look at your technique before blaming your equipment - a poor workman etc.;)

6. SP customer support is not highly rated by people on these boards, fair enough, I think Phil Webb sleeps ok at night tho.

7. Again, one whole season of training virtually every weekend and 3 Millenniums plus other Major events = Had to change the battery occasionally and once had to change the little transfer tube when it became clogged up (due to me not cleaning my gun for months at a time) - same sort of story with all my Team-mates guns and every other Ion I have come into contact with this year.

P.s I have a Neutral perspective at the moment ;) still using my Ion tho. :cool:

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by MrPink
1. Learn to set your gun up? Dropping the dwell a few points from stock will lead to the kinda of gas consumtion that I was getting - that simple.

2. You're complaining about having the eye board replaced for free? Wow.

3. If you're getting higher rates of fire, then the other guns ARE bouncing - stop kidding yourself. Unless your fingers magically work better when using a different gun.

4. Ok, so you spend £70 on a new feedneck, trigger (which a LOT of people replace on any gun - even Ego's/DM's etc.), Barrel (again frequently changed) and on/off (another oft-changed item) - big whoop. You've still saved a couple of hundred quid, oh, and Ion has legal fire modes, plus my batteries last me almost as long as my old DM4's (and I don't take them out between trainings)

5. Are you really telling me that you can't shoot your Ion as accurately? You need to look at your technique before blaming your equipment - a poor workman etc.;)

6. SP customer support is not highly rated by people on these boards, fair enough, I think Phil Webb sleeps ok at night tho.

7. Again, one whole season of training virtually every weekend and 3 Millenniums plus other Major events = Had to change the battery occasionally and once had to change the little transfer tube when it became clogged up (due to me not cleaning my gun for months at a time) - same sort of story with all my Team-mates guns and every other Ion I have come into contact with this year.

P.s I have a Neutral perspective at the moment ;) still using my Ion tho. :cool:

;)

Gair333

May 17, 2005
Visit site
i dont like the stock ion trigger, i cant walk it. if you get another trigger is alright, but still if you have the cash: GET AN EGO

AUPaintSoc

(o)(o)
Jul 19, 2005
Aberdeen
www.abdn.ac.uk
Originally posted by stevenrules
i would put a wrath over an ion any day yes i have shot both and the wrath is beter built the only down fall is it hasnt got eyes but apart from that it is better in my opinion.
Dude the Wrath does have eyes, and the more reliable break-beam ones at that.... Sure you played with a Wrath? :) I was under the impression that the two guys who played with them in our club were the only two in the UK, theyre that rare...

In relation to this particular case, you've gotta think about what you're wanting out of paintball, where you're gonna be in the next 1,2 or 3 years.. If its still at Matts site paying customer prices (cheap as they are), you'd be as well getting a nice mech gun like a 98 or A5... Theres no point spending £500 on a gun if you could have the same effect for £200... Again Ions are nice, but for you in particular, what kinda games do you want to play?

You're kind of stuck in Aberdeen, theres no real tourney scene, even for us the biggest hassle is location, we have to travel hours just for a days play... Do you have a job? If not, theres no real point getting into tourney play, whatever anyone says... You'll spend £700 on kit (everything guys, not just gun etc) and end up not being able to play. For Battlegrounds an A5, mech cocker or Spyder (I know!) would be best..

Just my opinion... :)