Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why don’t we support the UKPSF??????

Joshie15

Jul 28, 2009
UK,Bournemouth
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't sites have insurance for this exact reason? I highly doubt if an injury like this occurred you would get two insurance payouts.

Reactions: leachy

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
I'd heard of it mentioned briefly by an older team mate when i first started playing ball, but never heard anything of it since, so was unaware it had any importance / significance.

Maybe there could be an entry field for these forums such as "UKSPF number", alongside "name...age...." etc when you register for the forums, website or Plat?, even with a "Don't have a UKSPF number? click *here* to read more and apply", to promote the knowledge of this?

beanbag83

I'm either drunk or high
Feb 12, 2006
King's Lynn, Norfolk, England
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't sites have insurance for this exact reason? I highly doubt if an injury like this occurred you would get two insurance payouts.
Let me start by saying, i'm no expert so this is just a guess. I'm guessing that the ukpsf insurence covers a situation where injury has been caused as a result of a players negligence which is shown to be no fault of the event organiser, or site owner. This is just my take on it. I could be wrong.

Joshie15

Jul 28, 2009
UK,Bournemouth
Let me start by saying, i'm no expert so this is just a guess. I'm guessing that the ukpsf insurence covers a situation where injury has been caused as a result of a players negligence which is shown to be no fault of the event organiser, or site owner. This is just my take on it. I could be wrong.
Me either, I'm really just guessing here, but I'd assume that a sites insurance is fully comp for any serious injury that should occur. From what I've read here and on the UKPSF site, the insurance is the same as that offered by that of a normal site.
If how ever what you're saying is true then I'm shocked and appauled that game and event organisers would not make it a mandatory requirement before allowing anyone to play. But I always thought we were fully covered at a paintball event with out the UKPSF cover.

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
Players in the UK need to understand that the sport that we all love is very fragile and having bodies such as the UKPSF and EPBF are very good for the sport. But we ALL need to stand up and be counted.

How many players are actually members of the UKPSF in the UK? Everyone that isn’t a member of the UKPSF should be ashamed. The cost to join the UKPSF is £15 a year. I can almost hear some people saying what do we get for our £15. Well, you actual get quite a lot. But even if you got nothing you should still be a member. I have heard on several occasions that the insure cover that you get with the UKPSF is pointless because it says 280 fps. This has been amended and now says 300fps. So, what’s the next excuse for not joining? Out of the £15 it costs to join the UKPSF I believe there is something like £3 that goes into the UKPSF ‘Fighting Fund’ that’s all. Steve Bull (Chairman of the UKPSF) has tried and done very well, at keeping the membership costs down. It’s like holiday insurance or putting a napkin on your lap. If you don’t do it you ‘might’ not need it but I have a bunch of ruined shirts from curry spillage to say that maybe I should have!!! We all need to support the UKPSF because we might not need it right now but we sure as hell will need it at some point.

Wouldn’t it be a crying shame if paintball got banned in the UK because we were all that lazy?

I asked Steve Bull (UKPSF Chairman) to give us a VERY quick overview of where the money goes and some of the benefits… But don’t forget the benefits are much more than this. This is the sport we love and should protect.

Click this link to join NOW.....

http://www.ukpsf.com/join.php?msg=

LEDZ
………………….................................................................................

The insurance covers

· Death £50,000 *
· Disablement: Loss of one or more limbs or eyes £50,000
· Permanent Total Disablement from gainful employment of any and every kind £50,000
· Temporary Total Disablement from usual occupation £100 per week
· Payment Period: Temporary Total Disablement is payable per week for a maximum 52 weeks in all not necessarily consecutive
· The above benefit is not payable for the first 14 days of the Period of Disablement
· Subject to the policy terms, conditions and exclusions
· £5m civil liability cover

*Death Benefit restricted to £20,000 in respect of under 16 year olds

It is correct that from the £15 the UKPSF pays the insurance cover, cost of printing and sending a card etc.. so there is not a lot of money left. If we had an increased membership fee then maybe someone could attend events to accept membership but at a recent event we attended, at the request of players and the organizer, SEVEN players joined. If we had more funds we could produce a newsletter. We use to produce a newsletter but that was when membership was £15 and there was no insurance cover. 12 months ago I negotiated the increase from £50/week to £100/week for the temporary disablement from occupation cover and managed to keep the membership fee at £15. I am looking into the possibility of a limited “kit” cover for an optional additional premium. I have a project in place that will hopefully offer members discount in areas other than paintball.

Steve
……………………….............................................................

So this in Insurance (that is worth the money) the little left over goes to an account used to help keep paintball afloat?

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
Lump, I'm missing a bit here mate. Clearly it is a good thing as you are behind it, what is it the UKPSF does for paintball?

beanbag83

I'm either drunk or high
Feb 12, 2006
King's Lynn, Norfolk, England
Me either, I'm really just guessing here, but I'd assume that a sites insurance is fully comp for any serious injury that should occur. From what I've read here and on the UKPSF site, the insurance is the same as that offered by that of a normal site.
If how ever what you're saying is true then I'm shocked and appauled that game and event organisers would not make it a mandatory requirement before allowing anyone to play. But I always thought we were fully covered at a paintball event with out the UKPSF cover.
Seems like we're both just guessing :D But i'd rather spend the £15 (which lets face it most of us drop this much in paint on the floor at one event!) per year for the piece of mind.