Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why is air soft so popular? Is it to do with the T/A?

CAMDENELECTRIC

KU Nemesis
Jun 4, 2007
Newcastle Under-Lyme
My point being, if you think paintball will win a race against airsoft because it's cooler, and is a 'Sport', then I don't think you're correct. Most of the people (I estimated last year that the number was 75%, and I still think thats ballpark-correct) that buy airsoft never shoot that gun at anyone. They bought it because it looked cool (like a real gun) and they mainly shoot beer cans in their back yard. Paintball does not attract this customer.
Completely agree.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Yeah
Fairenough Missy, I have never played airsoft or milsim paintball so I dare say you have far more experience on the matter. I was just commenting on the TA side of your post. I assume you know what STAB means? Not the best thing to call TA soldiers :p
True, and I meant no offence at all. For the record I think the TA is totally cool, (and a great way to stay in shape).

CAMDENELECTRIC

KU Nemesis
Jun 4, 2007
Newcastle Under-Lyme
Yeah

True, and I meant no offence at all. For the record I think the TA is totally cool, (and a great way to stay in shape).
FYI STAB means stupid TA *******....

Although I think you are slightly missing the point, the TA is the Army! Its not a weekend club, we train to improve operational effectiveness, many of those that join for the wrong reasons quickly leave when they realise how tough proper training can be.
At least that is how the TA is now and certainly how it is moving in the future.

Last edited:

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
FYI STAB means stupid TA *******....

Although I think you are slightly missing the point, the TA is the Army! Its not a weekend club, we train to improve operational effectiveness, many of those that join for the wrong reasons quickly leave when they realise how tough proper training can be.
At least that is how the TA is now and certainly how it is moving in the future.
I am happy to accept your correction about the TA. As stated, I really don't know a whole lot about them, other than I thought the TV ads were cool in the late 90's and they made me think about joining for several minutes..

Last edited: