Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why is he smiling?

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
I used to play at this ite when I was 18... I won't name it, I don't want to get a man doing a good deed in trouble.

The owner of this site was a hyper-active fella, real husky, like he used to be a weightlifter. A kid was playing at his field with rental gear, along with a lot of other renters and some owners. We are all playing, the field owner is the only ref. The kid I mentioned lifts his mask after getting shot, and there is still a vigorous game surrounding him. The owner screams "GAME OVER!", blows his whistle, and runs up and tackles, I means sacks the hell out of this little kid.

I bet that kid will never lift his mask off his face again, assuming he plays paintball again, and wasn't crippled being tackled by a grown man.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by gyroscope
I used to play at this ite when I was 18... I won't name it, I don't want to get a man doing a good deed in trouble.

The owner of this site was a hyper-active fella, real husky, like he used to be a weightlifter. A kid was playing at his field with rental gear, along with a lot of other renters and some owners. We are all playing, the field owner is the only ref. The kid I mentioned lifts his mask after getting shot, and there is still a vigorous game surrounding him. The owner screams "GAME OVER!", blows his whistle, and runs up and tackles, I means sacks the hell out of this little kid.

I bet that kid will never lift his mask off his face again, assuming he plays paintball again, and wasn't crippled being tackled by a grown man.
Hmmm, so he tackled a kid who lifted his goggles because he didn't employ enough marshals then? Not such a good deed really..... probably put off a newbie for life too. It's the regular players that lift their goggles that are the problem... punters who do it are a pain.. but that's always going to be a problem. (it's why you need lots of marshals for rec-ball).

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
ive seen summut similar when i first started playing, back in the days when masks and goggles were not attached a guy went out to a game with the mask on but no gogs...one of the marshalls blocked him to the deck and sat on him till everyone was off the field with a gun.......AND BLOODY WELL DONE TOO

have also seen players with no plug in the safe area and people walk up and jam a finger in his barrel to stop it fireing.....seen that a couple times.....but there should be no need

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Asking for trouble..... would be viewed as assault (bodycheck to the floor) remember that these are rec-ballers.maybe first timers and are paying dam well for the day, better to yell at them and cover their faces with your body. Anyone dream of bodychecking a pro-baller who lifts his gogs? thought not..... but what's his excuse?

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
I should be clear... I don't think the owner of the site I mentioned did the ideal thing. I think his intentions were good, but it was a heavy handed way to deal with a potentially dangerous situation.

I admit, a lot of us laughed about it a lot, but part of the humor was to be found in the excessiveness of the response. From the owner's point of view, he was saving this kid's sight. From most reasonable points of view, it was an over-reaction. The kid played at least one more game... I think. It was a long time ago, but I don't think this was the end of the day.

The rest of the humor mostly came from the slapstick of big guy running into little guy.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
Not as worrying as 30 year olds taking theirs off, at least the kids have an excuse...
In my experience It is the kids who are better than the adults. Kids Scare better (by that I mean you tell them the horror stories of what happens and they are very good)

Adults think they know better.