Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why Is Our Education System Failing Us?

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
There's a difference between simplifying an answer when a child asks 'why' and giving a full deailed response that is neither important nor relevent to the exam or the course.
I did have a better example thought out but it made me sound like an idiot...

I am a sort of person that understands things from thr ground up, so I was/am this sort of student, but at a low level of teaching sometimes you do just have to accept, especially in science, that some things just are.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
No. That's the higher still idea of 3(ish) National Assesment Bank (NAB) tests. You need to pass the NABs in order to get a certificate for the final exam. However you can still be credited with the NABs even if you fail teh final. Thus some reward for failure....

Curriculum for Excellence......another beast altogether.

I'd say see the website:

http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/curriculumforexcellence/

but it's under revamp as the "final" launch is due imminently.

basically it is a full redesign of the curriculum from 3-18 that aims to try and allow work between subject areas. it also deals with what are referred to as the "4 capacities" to try and treat people in a holistic manner - teching social and community skills as well as basic education.

it should allow for more skill-based approaches to education - but as of yet no-one has any real clue as to how any of this is to be achieved.

and the governement want this all to roll out and start in aug 2010........

TEKLOFTY

You're in the jungle baby
Jan 7, 2009
In your sphincter
Are you planning a career in politics when you have graduated? You hsve covered a lot in your reply, but, in the words of John Humphries, will you please now answer the question!
I thought i was answering the question, on the other hand i didn't really understand it as your grammer was a bit off - please rephrase.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!