Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why is Tippmann not considered tournament level?

cockerguy

Dec 15, 2001
CANADA!!!
Visit site
tourny guns

the thing about the M98 is that it doesn't have the performance capabilities of a tourny guns. tourny guns are for people who play once or twice a week and play at tournies and havfe team practices. M98, spyders piranha's etc. are for people out to hack about at a walk on game, something cheap reliable durable and low maintenence. basically its designed to work and to take whatever you can throw at it (in a much more literal sense than u think.)

Sir Rebel of Damage

Dec 27, 2001
Wilmington DE
Visit site
Tippmann mod. 98 is (I belive)the best marker ever.:D Mine is reliable accurate and good looking. I won a top gun contest with it against some of the best guns around,1st rnd. I beat a dude shooting an angel so it's not what ya brung it's how ya run.:cool: I also have 15 yrs. exp. in the game ask me anything, all questions answered, the only dumb question is the one not asked.:)

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Hey Paintballfreak,

Chill out mate. I think Spyder was just pullin' your plonker. I think you'll get used to the piss taking (that's if you stick around) - it's part of the board. but for the most part it's not meant to offend. best thing is to take the piss right back.

Spyder goes on a lot about 8 year olds, cos it's a well known fact that his last bird went off with one.... bigger dick, you know what I'm saying.:p

longballer01

Dec 27, 2001
missouri, kc area
Visit site
well let me tell you all exactly what the real reason is. it really all boils down to 2 reasons.

the only real and justified reason is the length of the gun when having a bottle attatched to it, if you use a remote then there isnt much difference.

the other reason is prestige: they have been dubbed as novice guns but i have been playing for three years and every weekend
and if i could only have one gun it would be my tippman.

it has the flatline barrel on it and a car stock. i use a compressed air bottle with reg and the only reason that i use that is for cold weather play. i use a remote and a pack for it too to cut dont on the weight.

now i would love to have anyone who tells me that the accuracy sucks or that it chops balls or whatever, to come on other to k.c.mo. and bring your $1,000.00 guns plus and we will play as long as you like. cause i can put balls all day long with mine into a pie plate at 60+yards so when you look down at your chest and see the white paint on it as you look way out to the horizon and see me standing farther away than your gun can reach, then you can look down at your gun and maybe you will stop talking smack

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Hey Buddha

What do ya say we make a trip to K.C. MO? We can go play the tippmann guy and he can shoot us from 60 yards out and paint a 12 inch circle on our chest. All I can say is BULL****.

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
I agree.......................

I totally agree with Sir Rebel of Damage on this one. I have a m98 with a flatline barrel. It is the neatest thing I have ever seen. I was able to hit a a guys hopper from around 160 feet away with the flatline. After that game, the guy looked at about ten guys and said "who hit me in the hopper?" He just couldn't believe that he got hit from that distance. The m98 or the c98 are great guns.
:)

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by longballer01

now i would love to have anyone who tells me that the accuracy sucks or that it chops balls or whatever, to come on other to k.c.mo. and bring your $1,000.00 guns plus and we will play as long as you like. cause i can put balls all day long with mine into a pie plate at 60+yards so when you look down at your chest and see the white paint on it as you look way out to the horizon and see me standing farther away than your gun can reach, then you can look down at your gun and maybe you will stop talking smack
Or alternatively when you do hit me from that distance and see the balls bounce all over the place, because they travel slower than an old lady with a walker, you'll stop talking stupid things like this.......

Look, depending on what level you play on, the tippy ain't bad at all. However, there's a reason all the big guys use other markers. If the tippy were as holy as you seem to think it is, they'd all be using those. Ad no matter how good a marker is, it's still down to personal skill!!!
I'm getting so fed up with all this 'my marker is the best' bullsh*t!! It's all down to personal taste, so get used to people not agreeing with your opinion!!! And if you can't take that, you should never ever pot your opinion in a public place, such as this board!!!

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Well, I suppose this question has been answered pretty well except for a couple of fine points that have been mostly missed but no worries really because most of the larger points speak loudly enough as it is. Clearly though, I believe that anything less than a stock Tippman 98 is a waste of time, and anything more than a stock T98 with a good barrel and double trigger and maybe drop forward and nitro that is short of a Cocker is a waste of money. It simply goes from Tippman with essential performance parts (air, Revo, drop forward, double trigger, and barrel....and if you REALLY WANT TO ROCK, the reactive trigger) to stock Cocker then beyond. No Spyders, Flatlines, (and in my opinion stock Mags) etc. can be rationally justified in expense.

Why a Tippman is not a Cocker and not an Angel that hasn't been mentioned already:

1. Too high firing pressure. Yes, there is a divided camp on whether low pressure is totally an absolute advantage, but basically there exists no solid arguement against 350 to 250 being nearly always better than 800, 800 being the operating pressure of most blowback co2 guns, and 350-250 and below being the operating pressure of Cockers and electros. "Why?" is the question always asked. Though many other answers are nit picky, an indisputable benefit is that it's gentler on paint, meaning that you're more able to shoot delicate paint that breaks better, and breaks are what count. That is a solid fact.

2. External moving parts. Tippmans are tough, very tough markers indeed, but they do have an open area other than the barrel, and although they can handle dirt and other nasty crap in them better than most any other, dirt and other crud makes anything mechanical stop working rather quickly. Angels, Shockers, Bushies, and with the exception of windowed bodies and the tiny gaps between the bolt and cocking rod in the back in Cockers, are all sealed boxes that do not invite dirt into their working mechanisms. Sure, they have a lot of other issues, but dirt is not a major worry and the other things can be preemptively treated and thus make those guns very reliable indeed.