Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why paintball will never be football. (Popularity)

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Football was first played in 1581. The first football clubs began in 1857.

The first paintball game was in 1981.

Give us time, we'll be big.

Reactions: PBWill and Niall W
May 29, 2013
This sport always growing it is now played all over the world there are tourney cups in South Africa and Russia so it just proves that this sport is always growing more and more

Last edited:

thementalman

Jun 20, 2012
I might not have a lot to say about football but if feel that if paintball was discovered by the people who play football it would be as poplar if not some where up there but nothing can compare to that adrenaline rush you get when you play and the thing is a lot of people don't play because they think it will hurt a lot but they need to try it.

WihGlah

Autococker Tech
Jul 19, 2009
Oxford
I just don't see paintball as a mass spectator sport. There is no focal point for the audience to watch.

When you watch tennis or football or rugby or baseball - you watch the ball, it lets you know where the action is.

The only way I see it getting watched by a vast audience is in a pre-recorded format, where they can stop the action and explain what is about to happen, then view it from multiple angles. All the while explaining why that was a good tactical move, who is in trouble, who is being effective and why, what they could have done etc.

Also - paintball punter sites need to start using much better guns (Eteks or similar), something that can shoot decent paint so it's not such a lottery. At that point punters can get a feel for what paintball is actually like with good equipment.

Last edited:

JKFuller13

May 22, 2012
Of course football will always be the most popular and played sport in the world, due to £££, obviously it's a business as it is a sport but you think every town has its own football leagues, there's around 8 just in my area of essex on Saturdays and Sunday's compared to the 2 tournaments that happen once a month...it's a shame because although I myself eat, sleep and breathe football id love to see paintball take off and be recognised by most people

MitchellFeaver

Work hard. Play hard. Shoot faster.
Jul 1, 2013
I dont see why you are all bothered? You enjoy paintball... i enjoy paintball... different people have different intrests! I enjoy football and paintball, i play and watch both!

Chris kitson

Banned
Jul 13, 2013
This is so true, however people need to be more educated on paintball, I hate how people stereotype anyone who plays into someone who runs around the woods!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
This is so true, however people need to be more educated on paintball, I hate how people stereotype anyone who plays into someone who runs around the woods!
best video I've found for explaining to non playing mates what we do.
Cue prompt for:

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/generic-responses-when-you-tell-someone-you-play-paintba.157574/page-4

Explain to people

Most people's experience of paintball is rental punterball, let them know there are various types of paintball.
The chances are the majority of members of p8ntballer are into speedball, but there are members on here from all flavours

When explaining what you do bring up other flavours - punter play, walkons, events & big games, recreational & tournament, woodsball & urban ...

Reactions: DBiggaFigga

Lighthouse

Jul 24, 2013
Perhaps we could combine the 2 somehow. A speedball field with a goal at each end, points awarded for hits on the other team, or scoring a goal.