Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why play competitive woodsball?

Alan Davison

Dec 28, 2016
Hi Dave .

We are at mansfield near nottingham . Our local event is skirmish nottingham we've been going there for around 6 years now. That is where the tournament is going to be held so it's good that we are going to know a few teams and be able to get a bit of feedback etc .

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
Hi Dave .

We are at mansfield near nottingham . Our local event is skirmish nottingham we've been going there for around 6 years now. That is where the tournament is going to be held so it's good that we are going to know a few teams and be able to get a bit of feedback etc .
Alan,

Something else for you - the UK Woodland Masters recently ran a skill breakdown series with some of our Pro players - see what they have to say and see if you can apply it!

Good luck!

Billy.PNG Darren.PNG James.PNG Marcus.PNG Twizz.PNG

Reactions: Alan Davison

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I'll check out daves post later as I can't view them properly on my phone

Check out Dynasty Dysected. The first 'series' has been one of my favourites, and they are now on YouTube in both long videos and individual chapters for each drill

Much of it is a matter of getting back down to the basics, practicing them until they become second nature, and then looking to the next skill

I have done a few training sessions with the amped guys, and gave kelv a big challenge to pick drills to run me through and ease me out of 10 years of lazy woodland habits
(In my early days I learned skills and then dropped them with what I could get away with)
Kelv even managed to retrain me with the ability to hit a barn door left handed

Look around a field, and work out both the angles you can use and the angles that your opponent could use
Put up a camera when practicing and watch it back. Ideally have two cameras - on that clearly shows your moves and one that is in the position of your opponent that shows how exposed you are (or do 'one v one' and give feedback to each other)

If you can place yourself safely with the minimum exposed, can put out accurate fire, maintain visual awareness and communicate then you're most of the way there.
Know the rules of the event you are playing and then it's just experience that will
Improve you as you progress

Win or lose any game, move on to the next one and then analyse what went well or badly later

Reactions: Dave S ECI

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Ps I had to stop there as I my car was on short time parking and I needed to move it.
I also managed to get to see someone crash her car into the wall of a half empty car park!!!!

Tournament paintball came out of the woods, and the main differences are that you can lean into inflatables, have a good predicable surface, and a limited area.
Speedballers have broken down and refined the basic skills
Look over the speedball skills and take them back to the woods

P8ntballer-Josh

Feb 6, 2017
Without sounding too much of a wolly, but do teams still go out their with their fancy coloured guns and your typical red/black/blue paintball jerseys or does everyone go back to the good old camo overalls days and a red armband to signify your team?? I understand the whole camouflage blend in side of things but just intrigues me. I used to love going with my dad to your typical skirmish days out but then again i did love the fast pace of Sup Air. A few of my mates occasionally go on walk-ons (which i never knew about) so may just be the start of me switching to woodsball

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
It's usually a mix of both at walkons but most mid-high level teams like to set a colour scheme for their jerseys and playing gear.

Top teams may get custom guns from sponsors but not often at all.

Recreational players may buy a matching set of kit.

P8ntballer-Josh

Feb 6, 2017
Yeah i have just taken a look at some pictures on here of the Woods-ball events, can still see some bright colour markers out there. Only because I've still got hold of my white/red/black empire clothing and wouldn't want to look a muppet going along to any events and everyone else is wearing camo etc.