Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why pump?

Gramps

Feb 15, 2019
Oxford
Hi everyone.

Notice that 'pump action' has a lot of fans; wondering what the attraction is? I notice the phrase 'more tactical' crops up a fair bit, as opposed to 'spray and play' but surely youcan do this just as well with a basic mechanical marker?

But I get the feeling there's more to it?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi everyone.

Notice that 'pump action' has a lot of fans; wondering what the attraction is? I notice the phrase 'more tactical' crops up a fair bit, as opposed to 'spray and play' but surely youcan do this just as well with a basic mechanical marker?

But I get the feeling there's more to it?
A lot of rubbish is spoken about pump play such as your ‘more tactical’ quote, or they are ‘more accurate’, ‘cheaper’ due to less paint shot etc

These are more related to the person behind the trigger and how they use them
It’s just the fact that you have to pump then shoot it as opposed to it cycling

Pump play is fun if you like that - I do
It can be played with limited rules (such as mechanicals, limited paint, pump only etc) or in a ‘normal’ game giving you a firepower disadvantage which incentivises you to play differently
I like pump play as just one more of the many different options to keep things interesting. Variety is the spice of life

Gramps

Feb 15, 2019
Oxford
Ah, ok thanks. Useful to hear. I imagineeveryone just thinks their own 'gig' is special? Human nature.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Ah, ok thanks. Useful to hear. I imagineeveryone just thinks their own 'gig' is special? Human nature.
I have played every form of paintball that I am aware of
I’ve enjoyed all of them
My favourite is Scenario Paintball, but how i play varies
Despite me not actually having played for a few years, I have been on the field and have enjoyed what I have been doing

My name is tom, I am a Paint-a-holic

skywalker99

Jan 8, 2007
warwks
Its more satisfying to fire a closed bolt marker imho you havnt got the clatter of the bolt shunting back although 2 tube blow backs are effectivly self regulating they waste some gas