Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why we play F5

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
Can I say & I think I speak for many, Thank you to John Sosta & John Bonich (all teams that helped in the trials) for taking the time & initiative to design & make a new format of paintball that incorporates time, speed, accuracy, judgement, teamwork, Value for money & competitiveness that we all enjoy!

I do not want to be branded as a hater so read my post please...

If I was a "Brand new" player with shiny kit & disillusion's of shooting out pro players because I can hold my own in the woods, when I turned up at a tourney & got slammed head first back into my place I would go back to them very safe woods where I rain pain on punters (who wouldn't?) & be a mean old puddy cat.

So how to go from "THERE" to "HERE"?

This may not be as popular as x-ball but TBH its not aimed at the same players, if you have the £x & incentive play x-ball.

If you do not have these play an event that costs less & gives you more team on team play time, I read that you get an average of 90 sec play time per game in x-ball, I disagree I have watched countless events & I think you get an average of at least 2minutes.... Good value if your winning...

Answer me this guys & girls, when was the last time you got hit on the break, lost the game & still smiled wryly while looking at the player who shot you on the break Knowing you did nothing wrong? But he they did everything right? Simple you don't.

Perhaps there is a time to look at what we do & look at why we travel 3+hrs to get shot at (its not because we are dumb that's for damn sure) we do it to shoot them before they shoot us & smile at them knowing it was us who got it right not them... In the formats that were available before 2010 we had to stew on that till next month & show them next time out...

We don't have to wait now, re-spawning sounds a little "punterish" when you first hear it, but when you see the way this style of play sweeps back & forth you will wonder why nobody did it before...

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
When X-Ball/X-Ball Lite/M7 was introduced we were told we would get more bang for our buck, but sadly that failed to deliver.
Formula 5 costs I believe are on par to the costs of playing Domestic M7 events, but you do get seriously more individual playing time. When was the last time you ever walked off the field after playing and were glad for the rest, before your next match.
Formula 5 brings together everything you enjoyed from other formats and puts them together into an extremely good package. Don't just judge it though on by what we say, get to an event and play it.
Well worth the 4 1/2hrs travel

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
'Bring back 7 man' is what I say ..... it may have had a few warts but if viewed objectively, it is without doubt the lesser of evils ...... XBall was created for one thing and one thing only [TV] and is now the sport's greatest ever mistake ..... every day that we continue with this format for tournaments is another day where we look even more stooopid ......, at the very least, this new format enables us to take a long hard look thru the lens of Formula 5 and allows us to see just what's important when we play ...

Scrumpy

Now with added pew pew
Dec 7, 2006
Darkest depths o Zumerzet
I am really excited about this format and really want to play unfortunately I have no travel and no team. But I feel this is going to be THE format of the future. So hopefully I'll get my two little problems sorted out in the near future and be on an F5 field.

maca

Gorrilaz
Sep 1, 2009
stratford london
I need a team

I am newbie to this sport, well have played a lot of walk ons but the tournament side of things anyway.
I was looking for a team to train with who play this new Formula 5's format as this sounds to be a great addition to paintball and from what i 've read and watched this format is the one for me.
I have my own equipment including an ETEK 2 and am willing to train twice a month after the first week of september as am busy until then.
I live in the EAST LONDON area but am willing to travle to Brickett Wood or other training grounds.

THANKS ANY REPLYS WOULD BE APPRECIATED:)

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
Pete, you'll be pleased to hear Rich is putting on a 7 man in November I think :)

Macca, someone always needs players as it's up to 10 players per team, if no one gets in touch, I'm sure you can just turn up and get a game :cool:

Scrumpy, there's bound to be someone coming from your neck of the woods that can give you a lift. And if not yet, the bigger this gets, the more chance of there being someone. Just post up for every event and see if there are any takers :)

F5 is definitely worth the travel!