Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

WHY, WHY, WHY ???

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I have to ask this as this has been bugging me for a while, But why is it that people go out and spend £1,000 odd on a nice shiney new marker, and then 2 months later its up for sale ??

It really astonishes me as to how many As New LV1, Luxe, Geo 3 etc etc that I see go up for sale within a few months of purchase.

I love PB and new shiney things but if I had spent £1,000 odd on a marker then I know for sure that its not going to be up for sale for quite a while.

Would be interested in views and reasoning on this.

Thanks

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I have to ask this as this has been bugging me for a while, But why is it that people go out and spend £1,000 odd on a nice shiney new marker, and then 2 months later its up for sale ??

It really astonishes me as to how many As New LV1, Luxe, Geo 3 etc etc that I see go up for sale within a few months of purchase.

I love PB and new shiney things but if I had spent £1,000 odd on a marker then I know for sure that its not going to be up for sale for quite a while.

Thanks

Probably most of them bought on a team deal or discount. I'd say one or two people are even making a few quid ;)

Will isbell

Jul 16, 2013
London, Dagenham
Phil you no what im with you on that mate, Every time i look about all i see is this new shiny markers, it does make you wonder..

But some people just have more money than sense lol !

The most expensive marker is not always the best...

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Same reason people buy anything expensive...they get the brand new, awesome bit of kit then grow bored of it and want to try another awesome shiny bit of kit. I had a friend who bought an LV1, had it a week and then swapped it for a Luxe. No doubt he'll want to trade that for a geo 3 soon lol. Might also be that people realise that you dont have to spend thousands to get a good marker anymore. Id suggest markers like the Axe give you just as good as a performance as an ego or geo, in fact id rather have my Axe over one of those markers any day.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland

Thanks

Equally, it raises the old point again, does anyone NEED a £1000 marker these days? When you see the quality of an Axe, Etek, Mini etc I think people are mad spending more than 4 or 5 hundred.

I'm jaded though, I'm trying to get paintball out of my life (temporarily) hence the mad clearout of kit and stuff. When or if I do decide I'm getting back into it properly I don't know what I'll buy.

Ninjabreadman

Aug 19, 2013
Cannock, UK
Is it not the same as every other sport? Some people need the latest equipment. I know people who play football and every month get a new pair of boots, they don't need them... but they want them so bad they can justify spending the money.

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
im bad at this tbh - i purely like buying and selling stuff and i think ive only ever once made money on a marker, Most of the stuff i tend to sell are last years kit deals. Also nothing feels better then holding a new shinny regardless of price :)

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I agree to an extent, I am a Whore, yes I admit it. All my kit has been purchased via team sponsorship deals and I have been in the team for 10 odd years. We previously had a deal with Angel but for the last few years have had a sponsorship package via Empire and Kee. I use the Axe and whilst I now have my 4th Axe, I have only changed because I got to have one of the XSV ones. My team mate has recently got a Vanquish and whilst this is nice, I personally cannot justify spending £1k+ on a marker, however if I did then I know that I would be keeping this for a minimum of at least a year.

I have been more than happy with the Axe and with its standard price tag of £400 I can keep up with the Ego, Luxe, Dye all classes of marker so cant see the point of spending the extra pennies - Even being the whore that I am I still could not justify the spend and If I did then may be getting a Divorce not long after !!

Still cant fathom the purchase of the marker one week and then its up for sale the following week - these people have more money than sense.

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
Another thing is that like yourself we are sponsored by Planet , Its good marketing and PR for them shooting the latest markers