Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why?

magicmonkey

Life Begins In 10 Seconds
Jun 4, 2006
Lichfield
profile.myspace.com
I've taken apart a few halos and never had a problem like yours.

I can't see how the shells could put that much pressure through the plastic shell of the motor unit. The shaft sticking through the bottom of the motor unit could be pressing against the shell.
yer i looked for that and it was! but once i remedied it, it didn't make a difference :(

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Put it together without screws, make sure the lugs on the motor unit are in the slots on the shell and that the wires aren't trapped between the motor unit and the shell, I tape the wires on mine under the lip on the tray.

Do the shells actuall meet properly down the middle or is there a gap? Does it run ok with the shells on but not screwed?

If there is no gap. Put the screws in but don't tighten them fully, does it run witht he screws a bit loose? If it does then tighten each screw fully one at a time to see which screw is causing the problem.

It's a bit of a process of elimination

magicmonkey

Life Begins In 10 Seconds
Jun 4, 2006
Lichfield
profile.myspace.com
Put it together without screws, make sure the lugs on the motor unit are in the slots on the shell and that the wires aren't trapped between the motor unit and the shell, I tape the wires on mine under the lip on the tray.

yep i make sure of that. and so do i.

Do the shells actuall meet properly down the middle or is there a gap? Does it run ok with the shells on but not screwed?

there is a gap at the feed neck part of the shells and when pushed together to meet, thats when the motor really struggles.

If there is no gap. Put the screws in but don't tighten them fully, does it run witht he screws a bit loose? If it does then tighten each screw fully one at a time to see which screw is causing the problem.

i have no screws at the moment :eek:

It's a bit of a process of elimination
Thanks for your help mate, im gonna have to keep playing until all is sussed!

Keal

Firm #18
May 23, 2007
Doncaster
Are the cogs in the motor housing part the right way round? mainly the biggest one? i can rember ages ago i put mine in the wrong way round and it just stopped the motor from turning almost wheneva i put it back togeter,

-Keal