Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wii.......is it really a load of crap

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
So what do you do for fun then Tom? Not being an arse, just a genuine question :)
Paintball, when i get the chance of course.

Badminton, bowling, snooker, better pc games, driving (this is always a laugh), darts, volleyball, body boarding, waveski, usual stuff.:)

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
you may think these things like wii fit are just novelties, but theyre fun. Rather like the whole guitar hero craze recently.
The wii has managed to market itself in such a way thats its not even in competition of other consoles, its something else all together. For example a couple of my lady friends couldnt care less about an xbox 360 or ps3, but theyre obsessed with the wii, cos its just fun.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I can just see the headlines................ "wii saves geeks waistline"

All the worlds obese to by new amazing wii product, the definitive cure for those extra pounds. No need to worry about the excess of xmas, buy your kids a wii and they'll be healthier than every other antisocial nerd.

FFS, it's a board with a few sensors in it, connected to a posh calculator.

Have wii all gone simple, wii are the consumer demand better products.

Huge connotations.........................a weighing scale linked to a gaming console, cures cancer, i think not. Somehow i think it's ability to cure the worlds health problems are just a tad limited.:)
No you have misunderstood what I was trying too say, Whether or not it helps get people fit is neither here nor there ,The fact that Nintendo can put a box in every living room that people will use to get exercise ,have fun ,order shopping and socialize through is the big picture and the thinking behind products like the Wii fit, to have a Wii looked on as a product that will keep you healthy is feking huge in my eyes and it's one step closer to using the Wii to help you get dressed and decide what you should be eating and what products to buy, you see where im going with this ? (ramblingly I admit) ...is ramblingly a word...ill ask my Wii.

Plus ...The more you use your Wii for the more Nintendo make large amounts of money and the more Mario gives you big "isn't it a cuddly world" messages..Turn on ,tune in and drop out..of society.

Sounds a bit conspiracy theory but the companies themselves have said as much, take a look at Microsoft and the release of the X-box.

Global corporate big Japanese brother ...issa me Mario!

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Hype, is the word you've succumbed too.

I remember a long time ago every school kid was made to drink milk, this was the b-all and end-all as far as our kids were concerned. There were adverts on tv praising the virtues of it's amazing powers, only to find it was nearly the exact opposite to the claims.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Christ am i coming across like I think it's a good thing !!!

you'll see ol' man, non believers will be shot.:p