Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wii.......is it really a load of crap

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
No you have misunderstood what I was trying too say, Whether or not it helps get people fit is neither here nor there ,The fact that Nintendo can put a box in every living room that people will use to get exercise ,have fun ,order shopping and socialize through is the big picture and the thinking behind products like the Wii fit, to have a Wii looked on as a product that will keep you healthy is feking huge in my eyes and it's one step closer to using the Wii to help you get dressed and decide what you should be eating and what products to buy, you see where im going with this ? (ramblingly I admit) ...is ramblingly a word...ill ask my Wii.

Plus ...The more you use your Wii for the more Nintendo make large amounts of money and the more Mario gives you big "isn't it a cuddly world" messages..Turn on ,tune in and drop out..of society.

Sounds a bit conspiracy theory but the companies themselves have said as much, take a look at Microsoft and the release of the X-box.

Global corporate big Japanese brother ...issa me Mario!
IMO Nintendo ain't gonna do that. They're too dumb... Friend codes, wink wink.

And I have a Wii.

Skeet

Platinum Member
The Wii, gets the kids OFF of the sofa and on their feet. The fact that they may be slicing someone up with an imaginary Sword, makes them want to do it.

With the cost and potential inconvenience of going out and doing something like 10 Pin Bowling, or swimming or whatever, the Wii, gets you active, rather than sprawled along the Sofa, twiddling your thumbs.

Lets face it, to be active by doing Bowling, with friends/your kids, 2 games, is gonna cost the best part of £40, if not more. When you look at the price of a Wii, it's cost effective.

The psychological affect of having your games console, make you achieve targets, such as lowering your BMI etc, as the new Board thing does, is more powerful, than having some TV wench saying your should.

I do not own a Wii, yet. But I do think they are great.

Hobbit

Leeds Uni
Oct 4, 2007
www.luupbs.co.uk
the stuff behind the wii is pretty inventive, with the motion sensors and the like. some guy on youtube did mod one to do virtual 3d stuff. looked uber. Godfather black hand edition ftw.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
The Wii has done for computer gaming what the ion did for paintball

It's the first console I have bought since the demise of the Sega Megadrive

I have done more exercise on the Wii Fit, since getting it on Saturday, than I have done in 3 years of Gym membership and I ain't joking.