Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wii.......is it really a load of crap

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
i've just seen the newest creation for the wii, a set of dual scales so you can......spend more money on ridiculously stupid games that should be part of a playgroup at an infants school.

Is this some mind numbing alien invasion based on our inbred appeasement for childishly simple infuriating crap.

A bit like football.

Kitty

www.techpb.com
Aug 16, 2007
Oahu, Hawaii / London UK
www.myspace.com
looks like great fun with a lot of sugar in tow.... we are getting wii fit for the house... looks like giggles drunken sugar laden fitness program, krispy kreme and sherbet fountains in one hand irn bru in the other dancing around like idiots proclaiming to be keeping fit..... sounds like a wicked night in!

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
apparently coming from a friend who is a serious gym person / wrestler, he spent 40 mins on it and "he could feel it" after he had done it

as a skeptic, I am feeling the same as you tom but this makes me ponder otherwise.

regardless, my gf wants it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Me too ,when I buy it...

I think the Wii has been hugely inventive and although sometimes using the motion sensors actually makes gaming more complicated things like Wii tennis and bowling are just fundamentally brilliant games to play (kind of ironic as you could go out and really play them).

Having played video games since the 80's this is the first console that I have really enjoyed since the SNES and I've bought them all (and sold them days later)...the scarier, bigger picture is that Wii fit is another smart move by Nintendo to ingratiate themselves into your entire lifestyle and thats where the really big money is.The set top box used for gaming is the secondary aim of the big companies ,Nintendo say that in the future you could have your Wii linked to your GP to show your fitness levels and help with any injury rehabilitation..think about that in it's real context.

So Tom ..Childish it is definitely not,the games may be simple but the connotations are huge.

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
got a wii in the lounge on a 52" plasma tv and theres nothing like a drunken night in with the family and neighbours whilst going 2 v 2 on tennis or having a mad 5 mins on the boxing. you really do get a sweat on and 'feel the burn' after a while of play. fair enough the graphics arn't epic and the games are childish but the idea is a best seller and this is whats keeping the wii sold out pretty much everywhere. i doubt any console has had the same response from such a wide demographic. well worth £200 of any bodies money :)

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
tom are you feeling left out with all this wee talk ? so you made a thread about how crap it is :D