The Home Of European Paintball

will aftermarket industry suffer?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Originally posted by MrPink
Miami Effect are! And the some of the London Tigers are shooting them too;)
when you say London Tigers do you mean the Tigers that are playing the NPPL or do you mean their Am and YG squad? If its the latter then my bet still stands.

Miami Effect? Have you seen this first hand? If you break a ball in an ION you are basically screwed. I cant see ME using them. They may advertise them, but I doubt they would use them.

Please....if I am wrong......then I owe you 20p.

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Originally posted by Bolter
when you say London Tigers do you mean the Tigers that are playing the NPPL or do you mean their Am and YG squad? If its the latter then my bet still stands.

Miami Effect? Have you seen this first hand? If you break a ball in an ION you are basically screwed. I cant see ME using them. They may advertise them, but I doubt they would use them.

Please....if I am wrong......then I owe you 20p.
You owe 20p matey.

We will mostly be using our beloved Shockers but also some Ion's you can see them in the NPPL, Mill, PA, Dartford 7's etc, etc, etc.

Also I believe there are photo's of Effect with the Ion, one guy slid into his bunker through a puddle completely submerged his Ion came up and ripped out half the opposition. Outstanding for a marker that is cheap as chips. None of that nasty open bolt design to suck up all the grit and mud.

mad dog

On Facebook
Jan 18, 2002
Nottingham / UK
www.maddivision.co.uk
Originally posted by Ryan(pb alexandria)
why buy a car that can go 200mph? Just cause u can....

why do some paintball markers do 31bps, its just cause they can and u know they can.
Its all about quality mate, Ive got A MAZDA RX7 twin turbo, maxed to the MAX, but the engine will do 180mph but after a while will probably blow up and fry, while a farrari or similiar will do it all day long.

The new markers are fantastic for guys learning or as a second reserve marker, but they are cheap for a reason.

For the money they are great, Believe it or not I could find you new design marker cheaper than that running at very low pressures and reliable to a degree with same spec..... the designs have been drawn up.

I see it coming soon but the backing is waiting......for development

But the issue comes you get what you pay for.....

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by mad dog
But the issue comes you get what you pay for.....
Doesn't that presume you've been getting what you paid for in the past?
Or perhaps it indicates that once a general product falls into certain categories of economies that costs typically come down. After all, your average HDTV or plasma screen don't cost today what they cost two years ago.

mad dog

On Facebook
Jan 18, 2002
Nottingham / UK
www.maddivision.co.uk
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Doesn't that presume you've been getting what you paid for in the past?
Or perhaps it indicates that once a general product falls into certain categories of economies that costs typically come down. After all, your average HDTV or plasma screen don't cost today what they cost two years ago.
Any marker non-expensive or highly expensive all comes down to qaulity and maintenance, thats for you as a player to decide.

In other words how much are you going to use it and what stresses is going to take.

Go and enter a competition with a pair of £20.00 trainers that look good and will last maybe a marathon, then all of a sudden someone is using a competition set of nikes with all sorts of features and last a season maybe...... You sort of get the picture.

Its down to player abilities and what you want, just remember top teams are sponsored for a reason and if it breaks will get it replaced without a problem, what £200.00 bin it mate here a new one, might only last a season, but then again if it does They are still worth the money.

Just a point with markets from china and other places putting out components so cheap, the ability to bring prices down is reaching a point where you are going to see a market increase in your handy off you go marker.

Just remember they are good but from what I have seen Players think they are out of the box ready to go, and that was not the case, for god sake dont think it is just play and go, they made need setting up to some degree.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
1--Any marker non-expensive or highly expensive all comes down to qaulity and maintenance, thats for you as a player to decide.

2--Its down to player abilities and what you want, just remember top teams are sponsored for a reason and if it breaks will get it replaced without a problem, what £200.00 bin it mate here a new one, might only last a season, but then again if it does They are still worth the money.

3--Just a point with markets from china and other places putting out components so cheap, the ability to bring prices down is reaching a point where you are going to see a market increase in your handy off you go marker.

4--Just remember they are good but from what I have seen Players think they are out of the box ready to go, and that was not the case, for god sake dont think it is just play and go, they made need setting up to some degree.
1--maddog, you are the perfect customer.
2--that's good to know. Can you tell me why top teams with top equipment have gun techs working their pits and/or staging areas then? Seems to me they would only be there to fix guns but that's probably my mistake.
3--doesn't actually address my original point tho, does it?
4--I have a fair amount of experience with all sorts of markers and the vast majority of them need some adjustment but even if it were true that higher ends guns are more "tourney-ready" out of the box I hardly think it justifies the price distinction. (Of course there's all that extra quality and whatnot, too.)

mad dog

On Facebook
Jan 18, 2002
Nottingham / UK
www.maddivision.co.uk
Originally posted by Baca Loco
1--maddog, you are the perfect customer.
2--that's good to know. Can you tell me why top teams with top equipment have gun techs working their pits and/or staging areas then? Seems to me they would only be there to fix guns but that's probably my mistake.
3--doesn't actually address my original point tho, does it?
4--I have a fair amount of experience with all sorts of markers and the vast majority of them need some adjustment but even if it were true that higher ends guns are more "tourney-ready" out of the box I hardly think it justifies the price distinction. (Of course there's all that extra quality and what not, too.)

Point 2 could be for the sake of a marker at £200 why bother fixing them do it later when they have reserve markers for exactly that reason, depending on what team it is and how big thier budget is..... god if they are that good for the money I will buy the whole team one and we will use them..... as soon as angels become rubbish but somehow I feel they keep producing quality peices of kit, so I will stick with the performance end of the market.

point 3 and 4

Hopefully the higher end of the marker will be forced to bring prices down, then again may wait for the dust to settle on all the hype.

I understand this whatever marker you choose its up to you at the end of the day.

What you want, and what you feel good using, a custom bling bling marker that can be shown off, a marker you paid £200 for and throw in a box to play another day.

That will be the problem will they gain a respect, its plastic throw it in a box......

I bet a few rich boys will do it, hense do they gain any respect for being plastic?

Do they feel to cheap.....?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
A Shot in the Dark

Point 2 could be for the sake of a marker at £200 why bother fixing them do it later when they have reserve markers for exactly that reason, depending on what team it is and how big thier budget is..... god if they are that good for the money I will buy the whole team one and we will use them..... as soon as angels become rubbish but somehow I feel they keep producing quality peices of kit, so I will stick with the performance end of the market.

point 3 and 4

Hopefully the higher end of the marker will be forced to bring prices down, then again may wait for the dust to settle on all the hype.

I understand this whatever marker you choose its up to you at the end of the day.

What you want, and what you feel good using, a custom bling bling marker that can be shown off, a marker you paid £200 for and throw in a box to play another day.

That will be the problem will they gain a respect, its plastic throw it in a box......

I bet a few rich boys will do it, hense do they gain any respect for being plastic?

Do they feel to cheap.....?
I think I see a pattern emerging. I bring up one thing and you respond to something else. Are you by any chance a politician?

Just so we're clear you didn't respond to my number 2 (at least in a direct or coherent manner) as my query related specifically to the high end of both the market and the player. Perhaps you were unaware that this is the norm?

As to your "response" to points 3 and 4, well, more of the same. btw, I'm having a bit of trouble with you arguing both sides here. In one point you claim value for value in the high end marker and now you hope the pressure applied by low end crap will bring prices down across the board. (Just shortly after ignoring or dismissing or reinventing my original question a couple of posts ago. Rather confusing.)

RE: Ion and plastic. There is a bit of difference between the gun being plastic and the cladding on the body and vert reg being plastic. As soon as the aftermarket starts producing milled and anodized or powder coated aluminum sleeves there won't be any plastic of consequence remaining.