Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Will an Angel LCD be damaged by CO2?

Skullpop

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Hertfordshire - South East
If i bought a 2001 Angel LCD marker, and i used a tank with a syphon filter, would it work, and would it be damaged when i fired it using Carbon Dioxide instead of Air or Nitrogen? A syphon filter, i'm told, stops all liquid CO2 entering the gun, and in theory stops the O rings being frozen.

Is there anything else i should know about? What's this syphon filter tank business?
Will it be damaged? -after how many shots?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
The "anti-syphon tube" is a small tube that is directed from the inside of the bottle neck to the upper internal edge of the co2 bottle. This restricts (not eliminates) the chance of liquid co2 leaving the bottle.
Co2 is not recommended for angels, but i dare say it will probably work, not that i'm recommending you use it, far from it.

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
co2 can be used on angels but they frikkin choke on it!

you should hear the noise they make! HAND CANNON comes to mind!

they are really loud on co2 for some reason.

i wouldnt reccommend you use co2 but if it your only option then make sure you have an anti syphon tube

peace

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
i heard that if a solenoid gets a sniff of co2, then it goes bye bye.

Any truth in that?

id just save the lil extra and get air mate, much much easier, safe, quieter, more consistent, cleaner, happier.

Skullpop

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Hertfordshire - South East
The thing is that none of my local sites use Air or Nitrogen, and so i'm forced to use CO2..

Btw, could i buy a nitrogen / air tank, and fill it up at a dive center and then turn up at my local site (if they permitted that)?

Would one 2 oz refil (standard size) be enough for a day's (8 games) woodsball?
Firing max 1000 paintballs in the day.

Kitch

Super'5ives'Man
Jul 10, 2001
Sexy South
Visit site
The main problem with co2 is the great fluctuation of pressure that it gives you, because of the intricate gas galleries on the angel I wouldnt recommend it at all.

I do however remember some eastern european team using co2 on angels at campaign one year due to them being unable to get air fills at all in their home country, the guns were all modded with a sledgehammer from a autococker being used to regulate the pressure into the gun