Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Will an Impulse/Nerve be damaged by CO2?

Ryder

Jan 16, 2005
London
oh well i was told not to use co2. But if ur local park only fills co2 then i guess u have no choice, unless you buy ur own dive tank to fill air from but agen price is raised.

cheers
ryder

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
Originally posted by le-pig
no no no maxflows and impy's were desighned to use co2,yes imps and shockers are low pressure but thats why the maxflows are there;)
:rolleyes:

le-dave stop smoking crack

there are 2 generic types of maxflo
the maxflo 3000 in which you can run co2 through and the hp air maxflo

impy's run fine on co2 mate.
the one that used to come as standard on the impy was the maxflo 3000 which you could screw a c02 bottle in providing you had an antisyphon tube installed and if you had the inline reg conversion kit you could run it so that it accepted air.

the hp air maxflo would choke and die and you wouldnt be even able to put a co2 bottle on as the threads are completley different to that of a fibre wrapped air tank. and do you know a way of putting co2 through a fill nipple??

skull you need to be a little more specific as if you have bought a hp air maxflo then you cant use co2 on it full stop. sp tend to sell their kit with them nowadays so if you are looking at that then you need to buy an air bottle

high end guns should not be run on co2...like your man here chrismrgn said.. it would restrict the gun big time and probably do damage to the internal seals etc.

what gun do you actually have as i'm sure you were asking if you cold run an angel on co2 also... if you dont have a gun yet... and getting air is a problem then look at either spending less on a gun and using co2 or save up some more and get a dive tank and an air bottle. your dive tanks can be filled by your local diving centre for a fee of about a fiver ish

any questions pm me

peace and winners!

Skullpop

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Hertfordshire - South East
In reply to Sick Psyko's point directly above this, I do not have my own gun as of yet. I am looking into either an Angel with my own air tank, or something like a pimped impulse with an Anti-Syhpon tubed tank.

Just throwing together a very rough first hand budget from the SmartParts website, I was looking at the Vision Impulse as a starter (possibly with some extra stuff if i bought it second hand).

It says it comes with a 'vertical Max-Flo', or also known as a 'MF-V'.
Here's a description of the vertical max flo:
The new vertical Max-Flo or MF-V brings all of the great features of previous Max-Flo regulators, but dropped the ungainly weight. The Max-Flo Vertical is slim, trim and actually fits into your hand. Being barely the size of a gas-thru foregrip, this is one for all you “smallest, lightest possible” front players out there.
Would this work, albeit slightly inconsistant, undamaged with an Impulse?

Also, there seems to be an option for a LPR (low pressure regulator) on the accesories. What relation to CO2 does this have?

stelfe

London Nexus 2 #10
May 5, 2004
gillingham, kent
i gotta nerve mate and wouldnt dream of putting Co2 thru it, it can be done but not recommended at all, got my dive tank (12L 300bar) from here http://godive.net/gdcyls.htm - £153+p&p

i watched a mate train with an IoN 2day and them lil gats rock, light and fast,they dont look the part like an high end marker but will defo keep up with them in terms of shooting/speed etc.., gonna be getting myself one defo as a backup, might be worth u checking them out?!?

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
get an ion, will save u **** loads + the money u save could be spent on that lovely lil dive tank!